Author Topic: Emergency Lighting Testing  (Read 9357 times)

Offline hammer1

Re: Emergency Lighting Testing
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2015, 08:09:50 AM »
Suppers, I am intrigued at the PAS FRS agreeing to monthly testing.  Can you spill the beans as to which one and why, apart from lots of smoke and mirrors.  If it is based on "risk assessment", HSE policy on such a matter is very clear-it is inappropriate to even try to use risk assessment to circumvent a practice that is universally agreed in an industry.  As recently as 2002, the whole matter of weekly testing and the need for it was subject to review and extensive discussion within the relevant BSI technical committee and within the profession.  As a result, the extent and nature of the weekly testing was changed, but still incorporating a single weekly test.  No doubt the leading fireman who agreed it can enlighten us all as to why we were wrong.

I've seen about 4 or 5 London Managing Agents with residential stock and Grade A alarm systems have it on monthly tests rather than weekly, 2 of which I am aware have had detailed visits from the local enforcing fire team of their stock due to type of buildings? These buildings are conversion into flats, with a single MCP by the main entrance.