Author Topic: Sleeping accommodation guide  (Read 5669 times)

Offline Nearlybaldandgrey

Sleeping accommodation guide
« on: August 11, 2006, 04:02:47 PM »
Your opinions and thoughts appreciated .......

In the sleeping accommodation guide, it says its applicable to hotels, guest houses etc etc but then states camping, caravan holiday parks.

If a Responsible person has a caravan and camp site with no club house but a small shop and toilet/shower facilities, to what extent does the guide apply?

Obviously the risk assessment must cover the shop, but to what extent will it cover the rest of the site?

Should the responsible person be assessing the risks to a field of grass posed by campers (such as myself) turning up with a fire retardant tent and some cooking equipment and setting myself up at least 5 metres from other tents?
I can appreciate the risk posed by caravans catching fire, although most sites have them spaced so as not to affect others.

Offline kurnal

• http://www.peakland-fire-safety.co.uk
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 08:02:10 PM »
I reckon only the common areas between the tents may need a risk assessment as the tents are single private dwellings. LOL.

Have you really got a fire retardant tent? You could be accused of being a bit of an anorak.
And are those horrible petrol fuelled pressurised camping stoves still around? Once attended a horrific incident when the cap was not properly fitted and came off spraying the user with burning petrol.

Offline Nearlybaldandgrey

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 12:49:38 PM »
I hope my tent is fire retardant ....... it has "FR" in big letters on the side of it .........

Alot of manufacturers are waking up to the fact that they burn rather quickly!!

Yes the petrol cookers are available ...... I have one of those too!!! Perfectly safe when used according to the instructions.

Offline Mr. P

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 08:03:11 AM »
Good range of such stoves in Towsure magazine!