Author Topic: Confused re: Defence and Contract Fire Service  (Read 19093 times)

Offline firefightercw1

Confused re: Defence and Contract Fire Service
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2008, 05:14:11 PM »
thanks for quick reply. i have contacted the local brigades, and one one which has said they arent taking on any transfers at this time but will be recruiting later in year. Another have sent me out a transfer form to which i will return and be placed on a list. But both mentioned about applying through the normal recruitment campaign. I did firefighter selection tests last year for both retained and dfs and passed them but chose to move away and work here at a private company.

Clevelandfire

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2008, 06:04:46 PM »
Good luck mate I hope you get in. I find the issue of you having to start again at training school as a recruit very silly and a waste of money and resources when you could transfer straight in, have a few familiarisation sesions on station and be on the run.

Offline rips

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2008, 07:31:41 PM »
firefightercw1, have you contacted Tyne & Wear Fire & Rescue. There is definitely an opportunity for a person with your skills to transfer into the service. Please contact the HR Department at their HQ in washington - 0191 444 1500 (switchboard)

Good Luck
Any views I express are my own and not my employers. Still confused!

Benfire

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2008, 11:20:48 PM »
Hampshire F&RS allow previous skills and qualifications to be used for Accreditation of Prior Achievement (SO/9/7/3).  Have a look at:  http://www.hantsfire.gov.uk/theservice/serviceorders.htm?id=10439

Offline firefightercw1

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2008, 03:51:02 PM »
sorry for late replay Rips but that would be dream job for me. you think they would accept if I applied?

Offline rips

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2008, 07:01:34 AM »
Just contact them and ask. They have recruited from all FRS backgrounds so please ask the question.
Any views I express are my own and not my employers. Still confused!