Author Topic: Real 3D Structure Models  (Read 3897 times)

Offline BMorris

Real 3D Structure Models
« on: June 22, 2005, 03:56:09 PM »
My business (based in the UK) has developed  a software application that allows photo quality interactive 3D models of actual buildings and structures to be created direct from digital photographs in a fraction of the time that existing computer graphic models take.

The models allow video quality walk though and interaction. They can include sound and special effects such as adding smoke and removing walls and floors to reveal what is under them, or simply be used as a means of navigating through a building

I am currently researching the markets that this maybe of interest to and understand that the Fire Authories in the UK use digitial floor plans of buildings in vehicles at present. I would be grateful for any comment on the suitablity of offering this service to Fire Authorites and if anyone is aware of a similar service in the UK or elswhere.

Thanks

Offline dave bev

Real 3D Structure Models
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 07:03:51 PM »
yes there is already one being used - it was demonstrated to the building disaster assesment group - dear old davey (im sure he wont mind me calling him that) has retired (or should that be gone to pastures new!!) , though simon hunt in greater manchester fire service might be able to point you in the right direction??

dave bev