Author Topic: Suffolk Appoints Army Officer as Dep Chief Officer  (Read 17072 times)

Offline jam

Suffolk Appoints Army Officer as Dep Chief Officer
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2007, 09:08:06 PM »
Hello All,
this is my first post. Just to make you aware that Strathclyde have had an accountant as they're Dep for the last couple of years. But she must be great because she was awarded the Queens Fire service medal this year.

Offline Kaiser

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2007, 01:01:43 PM »
Quote from: maineroad
most of the officers we see have come via the tng school & fire saftey,& are not keen to attend jobs never mind run them,2 tier bring it on i say it can not be worsethan at the moment!!!!!
Can't say I agree with this comment entirely,  I am just in the process of starting as a training instructor having over 13 years as an operational firefighter and junior officer.  i am not taking a promotion, only a sideways move purely and simply because I fancy a change for a couple of years.  See my comments on beds and you'll see what type of J.O. I am.  After my time in training, I will most certainly be hoping for an operational role once again.
Malo Mori Quam Foed Ari

Offline rips

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2007, 10:10:43 PM »
I agree with Kaiser, I spent 3 very enjoyable years at the training centre and love being operational again. I am of the opinion people should go and try another skill within the Fire Service to gain more experience that will help out when back in the operational arena.
Any views I express are my own and not my employers. Still confused!

Offline Big A

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2007, 10:19:43 AM »
A spell in fire safety definitely made me a better junior officer when I returned to Ops. You look at the buildings you are dealing with rather more critically.

Offline Pip

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2007, 10:56:17 AM »
Quote from: Big A
A spell in fire safety definitely made me a better junior officer when I returned to Ops. You look at the buildings you are dealing with rather more critically.
Yep-FS has given me the knowledge to understand how a buildings features can help protect my FF & and make operational use of when tackling a fire

Offline Alasdair Munro

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2007, 04:08:42 PM »
Lincolnshire have recently appointed an ex-Lieutenant Colonel as an ACO, and a civilian who reportedly had been in a serior position with a local Police force, until she made a somewhat rapid exit ;-)