Author Topic: BA Control Regulations  (Read 8127 times)

Offline Coolfire1970

BA Control Regulations
« on: February 13, 2005, 05:37:29 PM »
Hi everybody in this forum
I am here in Germany and I know the English system very well. But now
I need the Regulations (Technical Bulletin 1/1997) and anything which has to do with it including Training material for BA Control. So if you have something please
email it to me or let me know a website where I can download it.
Thanks for all your help.

Stay safe
Matthias

Offline dave bev

BA Control Regulations
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 07:12:11 PM »
matthias, the current system will be reveiwed VERY soon, mainly due to the information which is used to estimate safety times has been found not to be accurate. the procedures though are unlikely to change much - if you contact the Fire Service College (search on web) i'm sure they will have an 'electronic' version they can send

dave bev

Offline Coolfire1970

BA Control Regulations
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 07:24:21 AM »
Thanks so far for your advise. We use interspiro scba's so we are not that accuarte with the times as it should be. I wrote an email to the college and awaiting there reply. If any one else has some extra material on this I would be very thankful.

Thanks to all who going to help me on this matter
Matthias

Offline Coolfire1970

BA Control Regulations
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 01:11:15 PM »
The college can't help me without charging. Is there anybody else out there who can help me?

Thank you
Matthias

Offline fireftrm

BA Control Regulations
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2005, 09:33:16 AM »
Useful websites, did you try a search yourself?

http://www.hantsfire.gov.uk/manage/serviceorders/7-7.html#Top

where to buy the TB - you will have to pay just like we do!:

http://www.odpm.gov.uk/stellent/groups/odpm_fire/documents/page/odpm_fire_600680.hcsp#P278_8996

As Dave says the calculations used to determine average consumption and therefore times to whistle are to be reviewed. Interspiro should be as accurate as any other (that is than the Drager with bodyguard), it is the estimations within TB 1/97 that are inaccurate. I would be seriously concenred if the BA set had an inaccurate gauge, which I am sure it does not.
My posts reflect my personal views and beliefs and not those of my employer. If I offend anyone it is usually unintentional, please be kind. If it is intentional I guess it will be clear!

Offline Coolfire1970

BA Control Regulations
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2005, 02:52:16 PM »
Thanks for the advise. I found that side already. And yes i did search a lot. But in Germany we share our stuff. So i thought you do the same in the uk. Well yes interspiro should be as accurate but not for the americans. We only have full, 3/4, 1/2, 1/4 and empty.
i am still looking for help in this matter.

So please feel free to help me.
Thanks

PS If you find a good slide show on any German firefighter side just let me know and i can translate it for you

Offline fireftrm

BA Control Regulations
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2005, 05:27:05 PM »
Sorry but the BA TB is only availbale to buy, we don't have it as a download. The interspiro gauge marked in 1/4s is certainlyn ot suitable for safe workings, they do supply a bar gauge, have you considered changing the gauges?
My posts reflect my personal views and beliefs and not those of my employer. If I offend anyone it is usually unintentional, please be kind. If it is intentional I guess it will be clear!