Author Topic: Retained payments - what is your FRA paying?  (Read 7040 times)

Offline fireftrm

Retained payments - what is your FRA paying?
« on: June 08, 2005, 09:54:55 AM »
My question is on the payment for subsequent calls. What is your FRA paying for  nay further call received after the first? For example does each additional call, while still on duty from the first, receive a disturbance, or disturbance and another hour? Or is it now paid on the basis of first call received the disturbance nad subsequents are just a continuation of the hourly pay taken from time of fist call? Do you get paid for turnouts during drill night?
Also, should you still be paid the D (or D+H) each does your FRA apply the 'same incident' rule from the previous Grey book - i.e. that a standby after the first call (not required at incident procedd to standby at a station due to the incident still running) is the same call, or that sent to standby then on to the fire due to make up (standby was due to the incident now made up) is same call?

Grateful for any information.

Thanks
My posts reflect my personal views and beliefs and not those of my employer. If I offend anyone it is usually unintentional, please be kind. If it is intentional I guess it will be clear!

Offline mark

• http://gray
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 09:48:11 AM »
i know that in my brigade we get paid a disturbance allowance for the first shout then we go onto an hourly rate irrespective of the number of shouts attended

Offline dave bev

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 08:22:23 PM »
i suggest you speak to someone who might know the answer - try your BRIGADE fbu sec/chair!!

dave bev

Offline fireftrm

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 09:20:02 PM »
The reason I was asking is that the correct position is that services should still be paying a disturbance PLUS one hour for every call, including those while already on duty. This was originally an interim until 1 July 2004, but has been extended until further notice. This is due to the survey on how often this occurs not having taken place before then and indeed is still not complete.

The information is in Employers circular 22/04 available on http://www.lg-employers.gov.uk/conditions/fire/emp_circulars.html

If you are not being paid in this manner then take this up quickly and you may have some back pay due!
My posts reflect my personal views and beliefs and not those of my employer. If I offend anyone it is usually unintentional, please be kind. If it is intentional I guess it will be clear!

Offline firedaven41

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 01:41:36 AM »
In my Brigade, we are paid a disturbance for EACH AND EVERY mobilisation.

For Example...
Mobilised via alerters to Car fire (Disturbance Fee)
Mobilised via radio to Standby station on applicance radio after car fire (Disturbance Fee)
Mobilised FROM standby station to House Alight (Disturbance Fee)
Mobilised BACK to Standby station after House Fire (Disturbance fee)

Hourly payments only apply to each individual mobilisation. The only time we do not get the disturbance fee is when mobilised back to Home station after standby.

We are not paid for shouts on drill nights, however a change to the date on the paperwork for the drill night resolves this problem and we get paid for both.

Regars
firedaven41

Offline fireftrm

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2005, 09:54:07 AM »
Firedaven41

The correct payment is a disturbance plus an hour for every mobilisation, including on a drill night, so the example above would have been:

Mob by alerter to car fire      (D+H)
mob rad to stn standby        (D+H)
Standby to fire                    (D+H)
Back to standby                  (Nothing as this is where you were sent from so you simply go back - my understanding)

Drill night is D+H for those who turn out, though the hourly pay for drill stops at the time of call. there now being no drill night payment but hourly pay instead. Again this latter point is how we interpret this for our retained, though the payment of the D+H for ANY mobilsation is quite correct so you do get paid on a drill night, the intricacies of what you do about the existing payments are for discussion.

The payment of an hour for every mobilisation is not for discussion, it is an employers statement. Read the link on the prior posting and show to your service.

Offline firedaven41

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2005, 01:58:26 AM »
fireftrm

In Kent we are only paid the disturbance fee. The hourly payment does not come into play until 1 hour 15 mins after the mobilisation. i.e. we work an hour before we get paid for it. If we go out on a shout for half an hour, we receive NO hourly payment.

I have however  noticed that our disturbance fee is considerably higher than a lot of brigades, at £14.70 so assume this has been included in the disturbance.

As for returning to standby station, we still get another disturbance fee for this, as it is classed by the brigade as a further mobilisation, and given a new incident/standby number.

Regards,
firedaven41

Offline fireftrm

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2005, 07:57:42 AM »
Looks to me as though Kent have changed the name of the first hour and confusingly included the actual disturbance fee of £3.28 with the hour at £11.42! Thus you 'only go on to an hourly payment' after the 1.25 hours (for the first one), then .25 hours for every completed quarter hour thereafter. Thus your disturbance fee is the same as every one else's!

So you are being paid correctly, just calling the payments by the wrong names.