Author Topic: Almagamation Of Uk Ambulance and Fire Authorities  (Read 32248 times)

Almagamation Of Uk Ambulance and Fire Authorities
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2004, 01:59:02 PM »
Mr Anderson sir I apologise unreservedly I meant to Say Anthony B not your goodself

Anthony B old boy the above thread as written by myself was meant for you!

What a pratt I am

I will in future try and get peoples names right

Anderson once again my apologies

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2004, 06:16:13 PM »
We would Karl but we may get knicked!

Hope you aren't offended about this topic - we aren't having a go at paramedics in anyway shape or form - its the upper management of the ambulance service and to a degree the governement /NHS we question not you guys and girls on the front line.

Keep up to good work.

B Jeffries

lol, i am not a Paramedic  :(

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2004, 11:03:31 AM »
Interesting

Wonder how that will affect the Nationisation of Fire Contriols

Offline zippy

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2004, 01:28:51 PM »
Interesting

Wonder how that will affect the Nationisation of Fire Contriols

surely the nationalisation of fire controls was a response the the dummy spitting and teddy throwing  fest that has been any attempt to co-locate Police and fire controls and offer space to Ambulance control i nthe same location ( given that the o****y councils control Police and fire services and have NO control over the Ambulance service whatsoever)

captfizz

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2005, 09:11:06 PM »
we carry oxygen therapy units and defibs on our pumps but i couldn't possibly try to maintain the high level of competence that both of the roles require, (i'd spend all my time in a classroom somwhere and never get out on the run again)

Offline buffalosid

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2005, 03:23:09 PM »
Quote from: Guest
Ok, lets get rid of the outdated practice of labelling incidents as Fire Service incidents , Ambulance incidents and Police incidents and re-categorise them as life threatening incidents  .

ok fair enough then when the only fire appliance in a town is tied up dealing with the drunkard in the town centre who has fallen over and knocked his head , and a call comes in for a house fire or petrol spill we can then mobilise a ambulance to deal with that later incident can we?

i think the aim has to be to improve the ambulance service not to simply pass over their workload to other authorities.

i am however not entirely against a amalgamation of services. it works very succesfully in many countries.
"it was better in my day, blah, blah, blah"  
Things change, deal with  it.