Author Topic: Home Fire Risk Checks and Watch Targets  (Read 5964 times)

Offline norfolknchance

Home Fire Risk Checks and Watch Targets
« on: April 15, 2008, 07:30:42 AM »
It appears that several brigades have introduced station / watch related targets for home fire risk checks. I would be interested in any feedback regarding this subject. Particularly :-
1. the number per month a typical WT station is expected to achieve in your Bgd.
2.how long is a typical HFRC  taking you do?
3. What level of support do you get i.e do you have advocates, (telesales seeking HFRC's for you).
4. Do you cold call to get leads for a HFRC / advertise prior to attempting HFRC's.

I have had a look on some Brigade web sites that show performance related info. Some are stating that their stations are hitting over 400 HFRC's a month. If this your brigade, this is highly commendable , how do you fit it all in with other work related activities?

Offline Dinnertime Dave

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 01:42:51 PM »
Some of these issues were raised previously in another thread link below-

www.fire.org.uk/punbb/upload/viewtopic.php?id=2377&p=3

Offline kris8583

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 11:04:59 AM »
Just to add the policy in Humberside is that cold calling is a no no, to do with the FBU i believe

Offline browny

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 10:05:03 PM »
1. the number per month a typical WT station is expected to achieve in your Bgd. 1 PER APPLIANCE PER SHIFT REGARDLESS OF COMMITMENTS, TRAINING OR FIRE CALLS
2.how long is a typical HFRC  taking you do? STARTED OFF AS AN HOUR OR SO, NOW ANYTHING BETWEEN 5 AND 20 MINS.
3. What level of support do you get i.e do you have advocates, (telesales seeking HFRC's for you). STARTED OFF WITH DEDICATED TEAMS OF CIVILIANS, THEN WENT TO NOTHING JUST OPS CREWS, NOW ITS GOT TELEPHONISTS MAKING APPOINTMENTS
4. Do you cold call to get leads for a HFRC / advertise prior to attempting HFRC's. COLD CALLING IS ENCOURAGED.  

GMFRS by the way

Offline riskman

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 06:35:47 PM »
1 pump stations - 30 HSVs per watch a month
2 pump stations - 60 HSVs per watch a month

How long per visit?? Shorter and shorter as you can imagine so we can fit in so many visits, therefore quality suffers.

Support - Advocates and volunteers for some areas, although the visits they do are over and above the Watch Targets

Cold Calling?? A no no. but if you leaflet drop on your first day then knock on the door the next day thats apparently not cold calling!! (cos they know you are coming).
'de fumo in flammam'