Author Topic: LFB Fire Consultants  (Read 16045 times)

LFB Fire Consultants
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2004, 10:44:02 PM »
LFB LFEPA whatever but seriously though, wont they possibly find themselves at conflict with other Fire Brigades at some point?
But then, does anyone care what London says and does anyone take them seriously anyway?

LFB Fire Consultants
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2004, 10:07:38 PM »
And not just the LFB guys charge for advice...the Fire Service College do too!

LFB Fire Consultants
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2004, 09:34:49 AM »
Yes people take them seriously. Of course they do, otherwise they wouldn't be there doing it. They tend to know what they're talking about otherwise they wouldn't be working!

Offline wee brian

• Administrator
LFB Fire Consultants
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2004, 10:04:51 AM »
Now I've just got to jump in there. Being employed to do something does not guarantee that you know what your'e talking about.

There are millions of examples of this. A good many in the fire safety profession. Being employed by a fire authority has no positive or negative effect on this rule.

Trust me, I know what I am talking about! :?

LFB Fire Consultants
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2004, 07:53:08 PM »
Well Wee Brian, have to agree with you there. Just because you think (LFEPA that is), you know what you are doing does not mean you do know what you are talking about. And just because you have managed to get a few letters after your name doesnt prove a lot either in the real world. (And I have letters after my name).

Offline colin todd

• Civilianize enforcement -you know it makes sense.
    • http://www.cstodd.co.uk
LFB Fire Consultants
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2004, 12:05:29 PM »
I agree with the last two posts, but I will have been in fire safety for 30 years next year, so I am wondering about collecting a whacking great pension and becoming a fireman. ( A sort of reverse osmosis.) I don't like heights though; do you think that would matter? When there were two very forward thinking ACOs looking after fire safety in LFEPA, they did revamp fire safety in the authority (for a while) and did put a number of officers through the South Bank course in fire engineering, so you cannot assume that there is no one competent in fire safety-- its just some of their guys do a good impersonation of someone who is not the full shilling in fire safety. If they want to make some money for Red Ken by flogging the odd service, what's the harm? If it keeps congestion charging down, I am all for it. I was given some letters after my name once too- I think they stood for Associate of the Royal Society of Engineers, but the thing is I cannot find any trace of such a society, although I am reliably informed there are plenty of members in our profession.[/u]
Colin Todd, C S Todd & Associates