Author Topic: BAA Interview  (Read 101095 times)

Offline Harwichfire

BAA Interview
« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2008, 07:05:12 PM »
How many people was there with you on the 25th that passed. I think everyone who passed goes on to the waiting list. Just depends how well you did, to sort out where you are on the list. I have thought about emailing them to try and get an idea of time scales, but im not sure they would be able to tell us to much at the moment.

Offline mayo22

BAA Interview
« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2008, 11:14:39 AM »
Hi all. Glad to of found this thread as I passed on the 25th aswell and still not heard anything official yet. Congrats to all of you for passing. I was told we`d all be put on a waiting list of up to 2 years and we would be contacted for a medical as positions became available at the interview.

Offline FF???

BAA Interview
« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2008, 08:56:26 PM »
hi all those who have alredy attended the interview selection for heathrow and stanstead could you please let us know the qeustions to help as i have my interview for gatwick coming up and would like some tips

Offline ipswich

BAA Interview
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2008, 02:48:25 PM »
hi,got an email yesterday saying all positions are taken and been put on a waiting list for 18 mths so just have to wait and see!
FF.interview is PQA based so no qustions on firefighting or airports ect, so my advise is to practice as many PQA based  answer as possible .their are 8 sections.

Offline andy_twb

BAA Interview
« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2008, 02:08:32 PM »
Hi guys,
I had my interview on the 23rd of June at Stansted and have been told I am on the waiting list. At the interview I was told there were possibly 4 positions for immediate start. I've heard nothing since but I wonder if anyone knows whether these positions have been filled and how many people are on the waiting list? Cheers

Offline calif123

BAA Interview
« Reply #80 on: August 07, 2008, 10:20:24 AM »
White Elephant,

Re: your post on the 11th June.
I am in a similar position to some of the guys on the forum i.e. I am on the 'holding list' for Heathrow. Do you have any idea when it is later this year that another recruits course will be running? Grateful for any advice.

many thanks

Offline FF???

BAA Interview
« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2008, 06:26:24 AM »
hello can anyone who is currently a serving baa fireman at gatwick please help me and let me know your starting salary and annual leave please thank you

Benfire

BAA Interview
« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2008, 07:22:47 PM »
I think Annual leave is 256hrs a year when you start. Salary I'm not certain, but around 25k basic + 3.5k shift pay

Offline pukka

BAA Interview
« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2008, 04:27:09 PM »
Hey calif123,

im also awaiting a possible position at heathrow, after having my interview and medical over 6 weeks ago now. really dont know what to do? i spoke to roy lindsay a couple of days after my medical and he said the text book "u will be notified by email should a position become available" which is fair enough. having looked on the website of the fire school in teeside i see there is a couple more basic ff courses commencing this year....but when or if i will be contacted is a complete mystery to me. WHY IS IT ALL SO HUSH HUSH? 1 of the guys i went through the various stages with had a weeks notice before starting his course, how r people supposed to give notice at their current jobs in order to start training? ive actually spoke to a couple of people who have said they also had only a weeks notice before starting, whats with the last minute rush?? is it very last minute when places on courses are decided?? im just wondering if anyone on here has any difinative answers at all? or has ear-wigged roy speaking about anything??!!

Offline acdw2008

BAA Interview
« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2008, 07:46:29 PM »
Hey pukka

I am on the waiting list too, although i havent had a medical like yourself. I'm guessing your 1 stop closer. It's not ideal really is it but i guess there's not much we can do really.  Sit tight and keep those fingers crossed.  I wonder how many people are actually on the waiting list?? Or how many get accepted onto each training course?? All is a mystery really.  Isnt the next courses at the beginning of september and middle of october?? Hopefully there is some light at the end of the tunnel. All the best though.

Offline pukka

BAA Interview
« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2008, 09:03:30 PM »
yea fingers crossed i suppose.

the website says sept / oct theres a couple of courses. and the guy i spoke to going on the last course said there was 7 people on the june 1.

im just finding it hard not knowing anything, even if its not good news; at least u can move on from it instead of being in limbo for months on end, know what i mean?

all the best to you as well fella.

Offline BAAfiery

BAA Interview
« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2008, 10:01:28 PM »
FF???

Annual leave is 256 hours per annum & rises after 8 years service. Starting pay for a trainee fire-fighter is £23,125 & this rises to £25,975 once on the run. To this you can add about £3500 shift pay. Overtime will substantially increase this.

I hope this helps.

Offline ipswich

BAA Interview
« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2008, 03:22:09 PM »
Hi,im on the waiting list for stansted,just wondering if any one has had a medical after getting through at stansted on been given a course? would be good just to no,as to not keep hoping!

Benfire

BAA Interview
« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2008, 08:36:54 PM »
Pukka, sorry to disappoint you, but I was on a waiting list for BAA for over a year.  I did get a phone call every 3 or 4 months to check I was still interested and that I wanted to stay on the list.  They keep people on the list just so recruits are available if there are any unforseen retirements/transfers/promotions etc that need filling.  I've know people on the list for a month, others for 2 years+.  Keep in touch with the station you applied for every few months, but unfortunatley you just have to be patient.  Good luck!

Offline pukka

BAA Interview
« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2008, 10:00:38 PM »
Hi benfire,

thanks for your post...dont take it the wrong way but i feel much better knowing u were waiting for a year before being contacted! i just didnt know what the score was and if people had been waiting for months / years in the past before starting.

ill take your advice and stay in touch every few months,

thanks again