Author Topic: Inferno 999  (Read 4153 times)

Offline Tony

Inferno 999
« on: December 30, 2007, 10:46:24 AM »
We're about to be exposed to this program.  Question is, should I or shouldn't I?  In the shorts, the voice-over kept using that horrible 'H' word.  I'm willing to watch almost anything.  Almost.  I even watched one episode of an Aussie show about a wildfire Fire Brigade - but only one (shudder).

So, do you think that Inferno 999 is reasonably true to life?

Offline John Webb

Inferno 999
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 12:31:45 PM »
VolFirie, can you tell us what channel and what day/time, and if in the UK or elsewhere, please? And is it factual or a 'soap' type programme? I hadn't noticed it in either of the two (UK) TV guides I've got for the next week or two.

PS - what's the horrible 'H' word?
John Webb
Consultant on Fire Safety, Diocese of St Albans
(Views expressed are my own)

Offline whatto

Inferno 999
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 06:47:37 PM »

Offline Tony

Inferno 999
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 11:20:54 PM »
Quote from: John_s.webb
VolFirie, can you tell us what channel and what day/time, and if in the UK or elsewhere, please? And is it factual or a 'soap' type programme? I hadn't noticed it in either of the two (UK) TV guides I've got for the next week or two.

PS - what's the horrible 'H' word?
I've fixed things so that now people can tell wherre I am!  It's a Brit show, and I have no idea of the 'factual v. Soap' level!  I was just interested in the views of people in the job in the same country as the show.  As I mentioned, a show about wildfire firefighters was produced here (Australia) and to me it was terrible.  I think they tried, I think they failed.  (Volunteer firefighters here start by becoming Wildfire competent, then move as far into the Structural area as their Brigade risk profile warrants)

The horrible "H" word?  Hero.  I'd guess that most people use it as a compliment to us for the job we do, but having someone use it to my face?  Embarrassing.   After one of our long-lrunning campaign fires (a bushfire in 2003 that lasted 71 days and burnt out 1,127,000 hectares in mostly inaccessable country) one lovely manufacturer produced and gave out bottle of something labelled "Heroes Wash".  A nice thought, but sheesh!

Offline Tony

Inferno 999
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 01:13:25 AM »
Quote from: whatto
Try here
http://www.fireservice.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=18227&hl=inferno+999
The comments I read were very positive.  Only used live 'on the fireground' footage eh!  Brave and I'll be watching tonight (no NYE party for me)

Offline Tony

Inferno 999
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 07:35:46 AM »
Good program.  I'll keep watching.