Author Topic: 9/11  (Read 7166 times)

Offline Tom W

9/11
« on: April 24, 2013, 01:38:32 PM »
Plenty of conspiricy theories with regards to terrible events.

I'm intregued to know what you all think of this, you have all seen the footage but many of you have the distinct advantage of understanding fire and explosion.

How did the two towers crumple after only 1 hour and 2 hour of burning? How did they fall so neatly? Why did the third building fall (again very neatly) when it wasn't struck.

Im not saying I believe in this conspiricy but Im interested to know how these buildings were destroyed so quickly.

If you ignore the what/who hit the building and just look at the buildings crumpling under fire/explosion, do you think it is feasible?

Offline wee brian

• Administrator
Re: 9/11
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 02:25:48 PM »
Go to the NIST website.

You can fill yer boots with analysis of what happened.

Offline Tom W

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 04:10:15 PM »
Thanks WB

Exactly what I wanted to shut someone up!

Offline Northern Uproar

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 04:34:45 PM »
A couple of good links were posted here last year:

http://fire.org.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5352.0

Offline wee brian

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 09:34:40 AM »
It boils down to the fact that we don't build buildings to resist extreme events like some nutcase flying a plane into them.

The structure was a bit odd, the impact dislodged a lot of fire protection and ruptured the sprinkler pipes. The resulting fire was big and fast.

Offline Tom W

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 10:46:51 AM »
It seems the planes impact stripped all of the passive fire protection measures out of the building.

Im more intregued by building 7, I can understand it having a fire maybe but why it collapsed and collapsed in such a short amount of time is bizarre.

*Im not trying to be all conspiracy about this, Im just intregued in terms of how the fire impacted the building in such a way. 

Offline wee brian

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 11:10:00 AM »
I cant remember now but its all set out in the reports that NIST put together. The yanks spent piles of cash analysing just about everything.

Offline Tom Sutton

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 02:35:56 PM »

Im more intregued by building 7, I can understand it having a fire maybe but why it collapsed and collapsed in such a short amount of time is bizarre.

*Im not trying to be all conspiracy about this, Im just intregued in terms of how the fire impacted the building in such a way. 

Try http://youtu.be/QYzLu7gDbJs
All my responses only apply to England and Wales and they are an overview of the subject, hopefully it will point you in the right direction and always treat with caution.

Offline Tom W

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 03:50:03 PM »
Its surprising that it collapsed after being subjected to a few hours of fire.

Shoddy American builders!

Offline colin todd

• Civilianize enforcement -you know it makes sense.
    • http://www.cstodd.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2013, 09:04:19 PM »
Piggers, its not Mrs Piggers you are trying to shut up is it. If so you might remember that I warned you about marriage when it was still not too late, but you wouldnt listen.
Colin Todd, C S Todd & Associates