Author Topic: Question for Colin Todd.  (Read 11766 times)

Offline david911cockburn@btintern

Question for Colin Todd.
« on: March 09, 2011, 10:50:06 AM »
Hi Mr. Todd,

Why have you used the term 'Radial sounder circuits' (plural) and exactly what do you mean by it?

Offline Davo

Re: Question for Colin Todd.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 11:27:42 AM »
Don't do it CT :o

davo

Offline CivvyFSO

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 10:27:54 AM »
Shut up

Offline kurnal

• http://www.peakland-fire-safety.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 09:51:51 PM »
I am becoming increasingly concerned for the good name of the firenet forum. Some postings are deteriorating to personal insults and this  is unacceptable. I will take action to stop this if necessary but please, in the interest of free speech, dont give me cause.

David you must understand that people have a choice of whether to respond to your question or not. You do not have a right to demand answers to your questions, I have no doubt that you are passionate about what you believe to be true but others may disagree and simply wish to keep their counsel rather than enter a protracted and heated argument. Please respect their right to do so.

If you seek a full explanation of Colin's view of the design of fire alarm circuits you need look no further than his  book "the design, installation, commisssioning and maintenance of fire detection and  fire alarm systems" where there is a very full explanation with diagrams between pages 81 and 97.

ISBN 0 580 47626x.

Graeme

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 10:31:25 PM »
Kurnal

Take your point as i probably have been guilty of that but we are dealing with a member who seems to think that everyone involved in FD&A systems is doing it wrong including the Persons involved in the publication of 5839-1.

David does himself no favours and leaves himself wide open for the comments that have been directed at him,not just here but other forums by the looks of it.

This site seems to have been more tollerant of David than others as he is still an active member. I find David very entertaining to be honest and as long as it does not get too personal or nasty then keep posting David as i find your logic baffling but all the reactions very funny.

Offline CivvyFSO

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 09:54:39 AM »
Civvy is that your idea of a technical explanation?

Yes.

Offline colin todd

• Civilianize enforcement -you know it makes sense.
    • http://www.cstodd.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 08:49:14 PM »
Big Al, Thank you for the plug, though I prefer to refer to the publication as a reading experience rather than a book.
Colin Todd, C S Todd & Associates

Offline CivvyFSO

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 11:21:38 AM »
I think it is a big conspiracy David. Have you thought about creating a blog site to show what the authorities are trying to sweep under the carpet? That way you could voice your opinion all the time, and the people who care can visit your site all the time for updates.

There are a group of people who beleive that the recent earthquake in Japan was caused my the american military. Maybe they would host the site for you?

I think you should focus all your attention towards letting the world know what is happening.

Offline Tom W

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 12:09:00 PM »
Therefore with all due respect to Mr. Todd, it should be easy for him to explain (or transpose) the general formula of his ideas on this forum.

Im sorry you're annoying me now.

What warped world do you live in?

You have a question for Colin right? Well then ring him.

Don't have the balls? Do as Civvy says

Kurnal im sorry but if I was new to this forum I wouldn't even join due to Cockburns drivel. This is not his forum.

Ban him. Or perhaps in the meeting room we can have one post where he is only allowed to post and we can dip in and out if we are wanting a giggle

Offline CivvyFSO

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 04:50:59 PM »
Civvy,
Put a sock in it.

Shan`t

There may well be a number of people who are interested to know what Mr. Todd is thinking

Isn't

It's much better to have the conversation on an open forum like this one.

Isn't

Offline colin todd

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 10:46:45 PM »
Civvy, I am wounded that you are not interested in what I am thinking, but am grateful for your tip off about the American military. Do you by any chance know who shot JFK

Lest anyone wonder what I am thinking, I was just thinking tonight that I will probably die without having spent a night of passion with either Joanna Lumley or Caroline Munroe.

Offline Galeon

• Dont ask me on here for advice , come down the Pub
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 11:50:15 PM »
Alright old chap , you could of course take your full size cut out of Caroline and get under the eiderdown , not ideal but hey its better than nothing ..................... ;D
Its time to make a counter attack !

Offline Clevelandfire 3

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2011, 12:24:54 AM »
ewwww the image in my head Galeon eurgh

Offline colin todd

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2011, 01:21:47 AM »
The life size image is facing the wall in my study pauley. My PA asked for permission to use the house to interview a job applicant in private and then had the cheek to turn her round as she thought it inappropriate for caroline to be present in the interview.  I knew you would be upset after all your work!!!!

Offline Davo

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2011, 09:17:40 AM »
CT

Joanna I have fancied since the Avengers, no idea who Caroline is ???

Drool Barrymore anyone.......... ;D

davo