Author Topic: Who cut up this car? RTA.  (Read 7762 times)

Offline Yogi

Who cut up this car? RTA.
« on: June 28, 2005, 09:46:48 PM »
I am trying to find out who went to a perticular RTA and cut the driver out of the car by removing the roof.
Thing is i don't know where the crash was, but the car is now up north in a salvage yard.
The car is a Black VW Golf R32 and was a 03 plate, the engine was through the bulk head as it hit a tree at i would say over 100mph. The pedal box was also cut out as the pedals were upto the drivers seat. I don't know how long ago this happned either, sorry i don't have much info. I know you can't give out info, but i need to know if the driver was killed or not as i have been offered part's from the car. I do not wish to take the part's if the driver was killed, if he wasn't then i will buy them. Now, i know that if it is a fatality the car is supposed to be crushed, but let's just say that not everyone adhere's to the rule's. I am not a fireman, but i thought this would be the best place to start asking questions as one of you or your collegues would have attended the scene. I hope someone can shed some light on this for me, thank's.

Offline dave bev

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 09:13:19 AM »
yogi, dont be surprised if you dont get any answer, not everyone in the fire service reads these boards, of those that do, not everyone replies!

there may also be some confidentiality issues and not forgetting if it was an accident where someone was personally involved in an emergency response, they may not want to be reminded of the circumstances of the incident.

perhaps you should try the insurers and have a hp check etc carried out?

dave bev

Offline Yogi

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 10:58:40 PM »
Point's taken mate, i knew it was a long shot. I don't  know who the insurers where, and i don't know the re
g for the HPI check, oh well, never mind, worth a try. Cheers mate.

Offline dave bev

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2005, 08:55:24 AM »
no probs , i wasnt trying to be 'unhelpful'  

re hpi check - chassis number any good??

Offline Yogi

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2005, 08:35:23 PM »
No, i got the reg now it is CP03 DVR.

Offline GT

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2005, 01:40:37 PM »
If I died in my car i'd much rather somebody made use of what was left rather than have it crushed. Particularly if it was a nice motor that I cared about.

Offline Yogi

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 09:39:31 PM »
Hi, i found out the car was from Cardiff.

Offline dave bev

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2005, 09:22:49 AM »
morse would be proud!

dave bev