Author Topic: r2r agreed today  (Read 16625 times)

Offline dave bev

r2r agreed today
« on: August 24, 2005, 04:45:05 PM »
apart from the issue of movement from b-a. fbu officials will be receiving the documents in their mail VERY soon. joint njc circulars 9/2005 and 10/2005 provide the info

dave bev

Offline colin todd

• Civilianize enforcement -you know it makes sense.
    • http://www.cstodd.co.uk
r2r agreed today
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 06:59:45 PM »
Is this written in code? What does it mean? Is it the signal for the start of the revolution??
Colin Todd, C S Todd & Associates

Offline dave bev

r2r agreed today
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 09:59:01 PM »
those who need to know will understand!

messy

r2r agreed today
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 12:11:04 PM »
As a paid up member of the FBU, do I qualify as someone who should "need to know" ?

I am very concerned about moving from b-a. Why wasn't I ballotted?

9/10 firefighters (when given a preference) choose the a-b route in my experience

Hope this is clearer for you Colin

Offline colin todd

• Civilianize enforcement -you know it makes sense.
    • http://www.cstodd.co.uk
r2r agreed today
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2005, 09:35:11 PM »
All I need to know is does it mean the gutters will soon run red with the blood of the enemy. Does the Rack have secret plans that I should know about.
Colin Todd, C S Todd & Associates

Offline dave bev

r2r agreed today
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2005, 05:38:11 PM »
as a member you have the right to the information. whether you 'need' to know is a matter for you to decide, not me. at firefighter role there is no a-b or b-a - does that help, oh, and you were balloted, you just didnt know it at the time!!

colinski, the enemy take on many images!

Offline Lee999

r2r agreed today
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2005, 05:50:14 PM »
Dave,
Im a member, what are you on about?

Offline dave bev

r2r agreed today
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2005, 05:58:51 PM »
often lee im not so sure myself? - any information is already in the public domain re rank to role (r2r) and available via the fbu webby!
a or b payscales are not within the range of pay for those at firefighter role, r2r was agreed FOLLOWING a ballot - the detail was not known at the time, but most of it is now known - other than the detail of moves from a b pay scale to an a in n terms of protectionary arrangements.

does that help - if not ask your fbu rep (possibly brigade rep as opposed to branch rep who might not have all the info yet?)

dave bev

Offline fireftrm

r2r agreed today
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2005, 06:32:53 PM »
Lee

I am a member and knew all about it from reading the FBU literature (sent to every station), the joint and employers circulars (freely availble on the net as well as usually sent round - joint ones are always sent by the FBU) and by having signed for email notifications from the FBU. It has all been there to read.......sometimes we have to look ourselves and not simply rely on others telling us, not meaning to be harsh, but sometimes people need to be woken up!
My posts reflect my personal views and beliefs and not those of my employer. If I offend anyone it is usually unintentional, please be kind. If it is intentional I guess it will be clear!

Offline Lee999

r2r agreed today
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2005, 06:49:55 PM »
Fireftrm

A fair comment, maybe you are right.

I admit to not being a model FBU member over the last couple of years. Not something im proud to say after what we all went through together.
perhaps I should do more to find out about union matters, but I and others have lost the complete total confidence we once held in the FBU.
The fact remains that I never recieve any of the litriture you refer to above.
Perhaps the union is not performing at the same level in my region.

The reps in our Brigade are less than ideal, still, cant grimble if im not willing to do it.

Offline fireftrm

r2r agreed today
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2005, 07:00:46 PM »
As the FBU send all fire stations copies of all their literature maybe you should check closer to home (in your own station/branch or FRS) for where the failure is? It won't be at regioanl or HO level I am sure.

PS I am not an FBU official of any sort before you think it! I just know that they do post to every work location that they have knowledge of, addressed to the FBU rep, maybe he/she is reading/filing/binning it without letting you all see. Posting it on a board, or passing it at the tea table, as happens here and should happen everywhere too, obvioulsy doesn't with your station/service?
My posts reflect my personal views and beliefs and not those of my employer. If I offend anyone it is usually unintentional, please be kind. If it is intentional I guess it will be clear!

Offline dave bev

r2r agreed today
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2005, 01:14:37 PM »
lee, go to the fbu website and sign up for electronic mail - im sure its on there - if not - contact head office or the web master (fbu site, not this one) and you will start to receive regular correspondence.

as for not being a 'model' member - im not sure what that would constitute but my personal opoinion is that all members of ANY organisation should contribute to that organisation (in terms of support and participation) and be prepared to accept that there are alternative view points, even if you dont have that view yourself. above all accept democratic arrived at decisions again even if they differ from your own. in saying all that no doubt others may have an alternative view!! LOL

dave bev

Offline Lee999

r2r agreed today
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2005, 03:01:59 PM »
r2r, mmmmm

So does that mean that we all refer to roles and not ranks from now on?

My Brigade do this now in quite a disorganised messy way, apart from the CFO and DCFO who still use their rank in correspondance.

Im confused!..... again

Offline wee brian

• Administrator
r2r agreed today
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2005, 09:51:51 PM »
I think you should all call each other mate, or maybe brother(and sister of course).

Offline fireftrm

r2r agreed today
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2005, 10:37:38 PM »
Lee to answer your question - yes we should be using roles, where the FRS has carried out the assessment. The ranks no longer exist (legally). Typical that the CFO and DCFO still use their prior ranks?