Author Topic: Just to be festive ...  (Read 7983 times)

Offline Owain

Just to be festive ...
« on: December 25, 2014, 08:48:06 PM »
Did anyone ever actually make a Blue Peter 'Advent Crown'

Or anything else amazingly flammable or otherwise unsuitable for Xmas?

Offline SamFIRT

• Looking for the truth
Re: Just to be festive ...
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 09:09:44 AM »
No but primary schools continue to send home excellent incendiary devices in the name of Christmas decorations. My own daughter came home with a jam jar lantern, complete with a tea light in it. The outside of the jar was pasted with coloured tissue paper which scorched and then blackened nicely by Christmas afternoon due to the conducted heat through the glass ! I had insisted it was left in the kitchen away from any combustibles. But there will have been all manner of tea light associated combustible decorations sent home this Christmas. I hope everyone who had one got away with it. But I doubt it, very much.
Sam

Offline Messy

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 07:01:51 PM »
I had insisted it was left in the kitchen away from any combustibles.

I introduced similar 'control measures' when my young daughter bought a hideous combination fire bomb/mothers day present home from guides years ago. I heard my now upset and sobbing daughter ask my wife "Why did he have to be a fireman? Why couldn't have just been a bus driver?"

Ironically, I have heard that statement repeated almost verbatim regularly during my annual appraisal meeting with my manager!!  :)

Offline Owain

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 09:39:21 PM »
At kindergarten we made little paper lanterns, which we then carefully slipped over the xmas tree lights which were powered through a double bayonet adapter in the light pendant.

Offline SamFIRT

• Looking for the truth
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 09:49:16 PM »
At least you did not let them fly up in the sky.  :D
Sam

Offline Mr. P

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 09:29:03 AM »
Dear Messy, As you are now, well, shall we put it, 'quite mature', It lays to me to inform of a 'thought line' to ponder.
"Are not, fireman & bus driver, one and the same?"
A wowser moment - we need to open the bar again perhaps?
HNY