Author Topic: Consultants required  (Read 15604 times)

Midland Retty

Re: Consultants required
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2013, 12:23:23 PM »
Gents

May I suggest that exchanges of this nature on a fire safety forum throws no one in a particularly good light, regardless of status in the world of fire safety, experience, salary or otherwise.

Kurnal surely this thread needs to be put to bed. The constant quipping here doesn't show Firenet in a positive way to new members who may be looking at our threads and feel put off from joining / posting as a result.

We all have opinions, varying levels of experience, or certain ways of doing things. Non of us can claim to know it all, or have the monopoly on how to do things well. We can be passionate about our opinion without resulting to playground slanging matches.

Offline Mike Buckley

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2013, 09:35:36 AM »
I agree with Midders, much as I enjoy a good slanging match, provided it doesn't descend to abuse, the main part of the forum is not really the best place for it.

Perhaps a new section for members only could be created, call it The Arena, or Colloseum where members could happily insult each other without messing up the main part of the thread. Any discussion that is boiling up nicely could be moved there and it would save chasing all over the forum trying to savour the retoric.
The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to those who think they've found it.

Offline lancsfirepro

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2013, 01:08:20 PM »
This part of the forum is members only Mike.  I don't think there's a place for a thread like this anywhere on the forum to be honest.

Offline wee brian

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2013, 03:56:25 PM »
I wouldn't worry too much. Internet Bulleting Boards often gather this kind of argy bargy.

Offline Mike Buckley

« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2013, 04:43:53 PM »
I am not worrying, its just when the cat fight starts and its handbags at fifeteen paces, its nice to know where to get a grandstand view.
The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to those who think they've found it.

Offline colin todd

• Civilianize enforcement -you know it makes sense.
    • http://www.cstodd.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2013, 06:45:25 PM »
Monsieur P, Of course proper drums.  I really cant even get on with these electronic kits.  They dont feel the same.

With regard to this thread, I have no idea why Kelsall hijacked it with his nonsensical comments, but as it has led to the thread keeping in the public eye, and some good applications, I should be grateful to him.  I may even buy a TV from him , though I assume that the beef that Thomas has is the Tv he bought only showed adverts for a certain certification body. I like TVs that show all the channels.
Colin Todd, C S Todd & Associates