Author Topic: New blogger on the block  (Read 19331 times)

Offline Toddy's best friend

New blogger on the block
« on: June 14, 2010, 08:11:07 PM »
For those of us who cannot get enough of the great man...........

http://www.info4fire.com/comment-content/full/colin-todd-is-the-equalizer  8)

Offline kurnal

• http://www.peakland-fire-safety.co.uk
Re: New blogger on the block
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 08:43:20 PM »
Most good equalizers come with a master volume control and you can turn them down. 

Most are of an attractive appearance and look good on the shelf or on the computer screen. 

All share a common  purpose - to enable one to adjust tonal qualities such that they are pleasing to the ear.

The ones most sought after are of modern design and up to the minute appearance.

Ahhhhh.  I leave it to the reader to draw their own conclusion.
From a wellwisher.

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 09:06:32 PM »
Perhaps what he had in mind was more:

"The(Equalizer) series stars British actor Edward Woodward as Robert McCall, a former secret agent of an unnamed organization, which was often referred to simply as "The Agency" or "The Company", who tries to atone for past sins by offering, free of charge, his services as a troubleshooter (often literally), a protector, and an investigator. People in need find him through a newspaper ad: "Got a problem? Odds against you? Call the Equalizer." In the pilot episode (as he "opens for business"), we discover that the nickname "Equalizer" was bestowed on him by another operative, played by Jewish-American comedian Jerry Stiller.

Aided by a group of sometimes-mysterious contacts (some of whom date back to his spying days), McCall traverses the streets of New York City, visiting justice upon hoodlums, rapists, racists, murderers, kidnappers, drug dealers, and other truly deserving people. His contacts are also prone to human foibles, ranging from egotism to domestic problems."(source wikipedia)

Even so, each time I see him he is more elegent and stylist in appearance and he is always very graphic.

Offline kurnal

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 09:36:07 PM »
Free of charge? Colin? Are we talking about the same man??
He never lets you forget he is a Scot. In many differnet ways.
I bet he even charges you to be a member of his fan club.  ;)

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 10:09:43 PM »
Why would I want to forget he is Scottish? It is one of his most endearing features. No he doesnt charge me to be a member of his fan club - but he does claim to pay my salary through his taxes. ::)

Offline kurnal

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 10:17:25 PM »
Well I suppose each to his own.  somehow  though Toddys Best friend you remind me of a story my mum once told me whilst she nursed  me on her knee. It was a story of a PRINCESS who once kissed a toad?

Offline Clevelandfire 3

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 10:40:00 PM »
I thought the powers that be who run this site didnt allow mutiple profiles / identities. Colin Todd is the equalizer, a Princess, and now "Toddys best friend". Hang on I thought Midland Rotweiller was Toddy's bestest and only mate in the world.

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 10:44:33 PM »
Kurnalan - you are very perceptive. I did once kiss a frog and think I was a PRINCESS. But Toddy has his own Princess who I could never compete with.

Offline colin todd

• Civilianize enforcement -you know it makes sense.
    • http://www.cstodd.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 12:33:42 AM »
I never saw the series. Did Edwood Wardward ever visit justice on such deserving people as law-breakers with Crown immunity?
Colin Todd, C S Todd & Associates

Midland Retty

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 10:50:14 AM »
But, but, but.... I'm Toddy's best mate.

The other one is an imposter.

Offline Davo

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 01:51:53 PM »
Funny, I always pictured Sir Toddy as a much older man weighed down by the vast knowledge formed by decades of experience (and dram in hand ;D)

davo

Chris Houston

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 11:33:06 PM »
I thought the powers that be who run this site didnt allow mutiple profiles / identities. Colin Todd is the equalizer, a Princess, and now "Toddys best friend". Hang on I thought Midland Rotweiller was Toddy's bestest and only mate in the world.

Correct.  Multiple identities are not permitted.  I can verify that "Toddy's Best Friend" is not "Colin Todd" so no rule has been breached.  We do have ways of verifying this.

Offline Clevelandfire 3

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 11:42:18 PM »
I bet he just goes round to the next door neighbours computer and logs on as a different user  :P

Chris Houston

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2010, 11:47:59 PM »
I'll bet he doesn't.  £10.  Will be paid upon presentation of video evidence.

Offline Clevelandfire 3

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2010, 12:35:55 AM »
only if you also agree to pay for my take away burgers and kebabs whilst sat in my car staking out his gaff