Author Topic: Fire Alarm System  (Read 5899 times)

Fire Alarm System
« on: June 28, 2004, 11:16:29 PM »
I have a shop unit, ground and basement, that is going to be used as a charity shop with volunteers sorting clothes etc in the basement. It has been suggested that due to the age of the volunteers that I install a some form of fire alarm system. As we may move premises in time, can anyone suggest some form of low cost, portable (dare I say self install) fire alarm systems that we could use.

Offline colin todd

• Civilianize enforcement -you know it makes sense.
    • http://www.cstodd.co.uk
Fire Alarm System
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 02:23:00 AM »
Depends on size, Maybe domestic interlinked smoke alarms, bbut it may be that nothing at all is required if there is adequate continuous surveillance on ground floor and anyone there could alert those in the basement by shouting fire. Equally, you can get somke alarms that will work with manual call points. If the premises are bigger there are also radio linked systems. Much depends on the size and configuration of the premises and the way they will be used.
Colin Todd, C S Todd & Associates

Offline slopes

Fire Alarm System
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 04:15:04 PM »
can anyone please tell me the answer to the following questions

1. do you have to gland off a FP 200 cable or cab you terminate ity without a gland
2.Do you have to use P Clips or can you use tower clips to fix the FP200

thank you

kind regards

slopes

Graeme

Fire Alarm System
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 05:49:46 PM »
You should compression glands for all fire cables
You dont need the ferrules anymore that used to come with the old FP200.Tape is usually okay.Some cables have specific stripping tools available that make a neat termination without risking a short from conductor against the screen.

You should use P-clips if the cable is relying on them for support.If there is a fire the cable should remain on the wall.
Tower clips are okay for use in attics along beams.
Even if you run the cable in trunking it still should have metal fixings inside.Buckle clips are ideal.