Author Topic: Plastic Fittings  (Read 19333 times)

Offline Allen Higginson

Plastic Fittings
« on: July 07, 2005, 01:49:21 PM »
Quick one - where are plastic fittings acceptable in the installation of a fire alarm system, in particular the use of dry lining boxes for the installation of detectors on suspended ceilings? I know of all the implications of terminal blocks, cable clips etc. but I reckon that the lining boxes can't be used.If this is the case what does 5839 (2002) state on the use of such items?

Offline colin todd

• Civilianize enforcement -you know it makes sense.
    • http://www.cstodd.co.uk
Plastic Fittings
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 11:00:14 AM »
You cant use anything plastic for support of cables, that's all.
Colin Todd, C S Todd & Associates

Offline Allen Higginson

Plastic Fittings
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 01:03:18 PM »
Cheers Colin. In the words of Columbo - "just one more thing" I take it that  plastic choccie blocks are a definate no no?

Chris Houston

Plastic Fittings
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 01:06:53 PM »
I have always prefered them to be made of ice cream, covered in milk chocolate.  Plastic wouldn't taste as good and may harm the health.

Offline colin todd

Plastic Fittings
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2005, 06:29:27 PM »
Top o the morning to you Mr Buzzard. You are dead right. No more plastic chocolate blocks. They were never quite right, but we all turned a blind eye to them. It was made explicit in the 2002 revision so that it was a kind of level playing field, with everyone knowing that they could not be used. Ceramics rool OK. (This advice comes at the cost of a large Bushmills at Benedicts or The Fly.)

Offline Allen Higginson

Plastic Fittings
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2005, 07:57:41 PM »
Quote from: colin todd
Top o the morning to you Mr Buzzard. You are dead right. No more plastic chocolate blocks. They were never quite right, but we all turned a blind eye to them. It was made explicit in the 2002 revision so that it was a kind of level playing field, with everyone knowing that they could not be used. Ceramics rool OK. (This advice comes at the cost of a large Bushmills at Benedicts or The Fly.)
Ah,you're moving in too high circles fcor the likes of me Colin!

Offline colin todd

Plastic Fittings
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2005, 01:49:16 AM »
Mrs Buzzard does not let you frequent Benedicts or The Fly?

Offline Allen Higginson

Plastic Fittings
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2005, 01:33:14 PM »
Robinsons or the Empire for me

Offline dave bev

Plastic Fittings
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2005, 06:11:45 PM »
ah, the empire. them was the days when blighty was the place and the common man really was common!

dave bev

Offline colin todd

Plastic Fittings
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2005, 06:56:08 PM »
He means the Empire in Belfast, Davey. Last time I went there a few weeks ago Mr Buzzard,  I was with an SDO from the Northern Ireland Fire Service. The noise from a heavy metal band was somewhat akin to being 6 inches from a jet aircraft. The SDO ( and this is the honest truth) asked people what time Cliff Richard was coming on!!!!So we stumbled back to Benedicts, which is where the young trendies like me should be seen in Belfast.

Offline dave bev

Plastic Fittings
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2005, 10:39:02 PM »
i did know colin, i just couldnt resist the temptation (now there was a good group!!)

dave bev

Offline colin todd

Plastic Fittings
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2005, 03:35:11 AM »
Oh Davey, on behalf of all readers, I would just say we love the way you do the things you do. For your sake, I hope that THe Rack is just as appreciative.

Offline Allen Higginson

Plastic Fittings
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2005, 07:43:08 AM »
Quote from: colin todd
He means the Empire in Belfast, Davey. Last time I went there a few weeks ago Mr Buzzard,  I was with an SDO from the Northern Ireland Fire Service. The noise from a heavy metal band was somewhat akin to being 6 inches from a jet aircraft. The SDO ( and this is the honest truth) asked people what time Cliff Richard was coming on!!!!So we stumbled back to Benedicts, which is where the young trendies like me should be seen in Belfast.
The live band was too loud??Hmmm - sounds like you had better check out the Royal Naval Association just 5 minutes shuffle on a zimmer from Benedicts! They have a guy playing on of those steam powered Bontempi organs that I have mentioned in a previous post. :-)

Offline colin todd

Plastic Fittings
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2005, 05:57:03 PM »
Usually after a visit to benedicts, it is all I can do to shuffle across to the fish and chip shop, the Plaice or something it is called, get my cod and chips and fall into a taxi back to the Hilton, where the night staff have the decorum to give me a plate, knife and fork to take up to my room as though it is normal for their guests to survive on fish and chips. If you would care to join a group of us at Benedicts in September, you would be very welcome, so long as you talk about the local talent and not bloody plastic fittings.

Graeme

Plastic Fittings
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2005, 06:22:23 PM »
I went back to a hotel in Glasgow with a kebab and a prostitute.

I was gutted they did not allow me to bring food stuff into the hotel from another establishment and i had to bin the kebab.

Get yourself to shine for some lovely ladies,although i think Buzzard may be a bit old for there now =D