Author Topic: Retained Rota System / Per Call Out  (Read 5949 times)

Offline skazzyuk

Retained Rota System / Per Call Out
« on: September 21, 2006, 06:58:22 PM »
Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting so Hi!

Just need some help/advice really. I am a retained firefighter. At our station we have some guys who live very close and some who dont live so close.

Basically I'm after some kind of excel spreadsheet or an application which you can input the names of the firefighters then after each call press a button that drags the top person to the bottom (so top 6 names get to ride on each call)

Does anyone have something like this they could share or let me know what you currently use on your station to keep it fair.

Obviously persons reported/persons trapped first 4/6 people ride.

Many thanks!

Adam

Chris Houston

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 08:41:29 PM »
You could put everyone's names on a piece of paper and bluetac it to the wall and then move it accordingly.

Offline Big A

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 09:14:15 AM »
What?! not use the computer! Whatever will they think of next?

:) =)

Offline Game on

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 09:27:41 AM »
We operate a system where we have a board on the wall and everyine has a tally slid into the board. One side of your tally is green, the other side red. When you are available your tally is green and when you are off your tally is red.
Now when we get a shout the top five green tallies go and one of the two jo's (who are on a separate part of the board). When you return from the shout the five that rode go to the bottom of the board and all the other tallies move up. Next shout comes in and the top five again ride and so on. Its very fair and works without any rows. You can also see at a quick glance how many people you have available.

Offline Pip

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 01:50:14 PM »
When I was retained I operated a similar system to 'game on'.As mentioned they are fair and work well.I did however write a simple'heath-robinson' excel so that I could monitor competencies etc.I will email them to you