Author Topic: Other Jobs While in FRS  (Read 3406 times)

Offline Adam V

• http://www.bulgaria2rent.com
Other Jobs While in FRS
« on: December 17, 2007, 12:55:48 PM »
I am currently applying for Greater Manchester and wa wondering what is the FRS's position on Firefighters having a second (flexible) job that they work on their days off?

Like i say, i am only at the application stage however at the moment i need to do a second job to make ends meet and if i was to be succesful then i would be hoping to do a few extra hours each week elsewhere to increase my earnings.

Cheers.

Adam.

Midland Retty

Other Jobs While in FRS
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 01:07:01 PM »
Generally speaking most if not all brigades allow secondary employment. There are some exceptions - and you would need to get approval from the HR dept of the Brigade you will be working for.

They may not for instance like you doing anything which could have the potential for bringing the brigade into disripute or anything which would result in a conflict of interest, but on the whole it shouldnt be an issue.

Offline xan

Other Jobs While in FRS
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 06:25:06 PM »
Quote from: Adam V
I am currently applying for Greater Manchester and wa wondering what is the FRS's position on Firefighters having a second (flexible) job that they work on their days off?

Like i say, i am only at the application stage however at the moment i need to do a second job to make ends meet and if i was to be succesful then i would be hoping to do a few extra hours each week elsewhere to increase my earnings.

Cheers.

Adam.
it's a shame that it is necerssarry to need a second job to make ends meet,and your up 'north'!