Author Topic: Highland & Islands Fire And Rescue Service Retained Recruitment  (Read 5677 times)

Offline andrew mcgillivray

Can Anyone Tell Me What I Would Need To Do And Study To Be Ready For The Retained Recruitment Tests, I Am A Ex Reatined Firefighter And I Have Been Out 5 Years
I Served At Kinlochleven Fire Station And I Left Dur To No Employment In The Area
I Am Available 24/7 . The Station Is In Great Need Of Day Cover And The Brigade Is Wanting Me To Apply The Same As Someone Off The Street.

Thank You

Andrew

Offline rips

Highland & Islands Fire And Rescue Service Retained Recruitment
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 10:26:38 PM »
Contact the FRS and ask! They will tell you what the assessment covers. A lot of FRS are now using the National Selection Tests, so you may be doing the job lot, the same as entry into WT, however it is up to each FRS.

I say again, ask them!
Any views I express are my own and not my employers. Still confused!

Offline White_elephant

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 08:32:00 AM »
Quote from: highlandfire08
Can Anyone Tell Me What I Would Need To Do And Study To Be Ready For The Retained Recruitment Tests, I Am A Ex Reatined Firefighter And I Have Been Out 5 Years
I Served At Kinlochleven Fire Station And I Left Dur To No Employment In The Area
I Am Available 24/7 . The Station Is In Great Need Of Day Cover And The Brigade Is Wanting Me To Apply The Same As Someone Off The Street.

Thank You

Andrew
Sounds like the situation I was in when I applied to be retained years ago, the station were struggling like hell for day cover, USUALLY its the maths side of things that trips most people up, depends what your weaknesses are pal. fireservice.co.uk has lots of info, maybe worth a peek

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 07:11:44 PM »
Thanks for the information guyes, I will contact my district office

Chris Houston

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 07:25:17 PM »
Did you put a capitol letter at the start of every word on purpose, or is this error that our software has caused?

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 11:28:09 PM »
yeh sorry its a bad habbit

Chris Houston

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 11:49:53 PM »
Oh, fair enough then, wasn't complaining, its just we had a few posts like that recently and I was worried it was something wrong at my end.

Must waste loads of your time, first bad habbit I've seen that takes longer than the normal way of doing things.

Good luck with the job.

Offline smoki12

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 01:16:09 PM »
hi, if you give davie mcdermid a ring on 01397 702222 he is district officer in lochaber he will help you out bud.