Author Topic: NFQ - Agree or Strongly Agree ? Disagree or Strongly Disagree ??  (Read 10204 times)

Offline adamsplanet

NFQ - Agree or Strongly Agree ? Disagree or Strongly Disagree ??
« on: December 12, 2008, 09:46:45 AM »
In the NFQ your possible answer options have a serious grey area where you have to choose more than just between Yes (agree) or No (disagree), but once you have chosen ie. Yes (agree), you then have to decide REALLY REALLY Yes (strongly agree), or just sure yeah whatever (agree).

Does anyone have any pointers / guidance on what determines the difference between Strongly Agree (E) or just Agree (D) ? Because from the examples provided, in my opinion, the only acceptable answers are the extreme ends of the scale A or E.

Psychometric tests for Oxford are tomorrow morning so if anyone can shed some light on this for me today it would be very much appreciated.

Offline Salty

Re: NFQ - Agree or Strongly Agree ? Disagree or Strongly Disagree ??
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 10:39:28 AM »
Hi,
I did my NFQ just over a month ago and passed. I found that most of my answers did fall into the Strongly agree or strongly disagree boxes however the ones that I thought would depend on the situation and there could be exceptions I would answer agree or disagree. The example I can think of now is the question "It's always best to tell the truth". I don't know if I answered this correctly but I put agree because although it is mostly best to tell the truth there are certain situations where it's not.
I looked at each question and if I felt there were times when the statement could have exceptions I would drop from the strongly box and go for agree or disagree. Thats the approach I took and it worked for me.

I hope that helped in some way.

Good luck

Offline adamsplanet

Re: NFQ - Agree or Strongly Agree ? Disagree or Strongly Disagree ??
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 10:43:16 AM »
Thanks Salty - really appreciate your input here.