Author Topic: Turnout Procedure  (Read 5190 times)

Offline cm738

Turnout Procedure
« on: February 18, 2008, 05:05:12 PM »
Hi All,

Just wondering what procedures you adopt for turnouts (station alarm, PA), in particular domestic buildings, I appreciate that some of you may have dedicated domestic pumps, however I am looking for info regarding turning out in MFT's.

Offline Fireguy1230

Turnout Procedure
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 05:57:58 PM »
Hi CM738

I am assuming that your question relates to the Airport Fire Service turnouts? (MFT - Major Foam Tender??)

Basically we have the OMNI crash siren that is activated by ATC, which sounds a siren on the station and then reverts to a PA system giving details about the incident. This is used for serious aircraft incidents.

For other calls and more 'minor' aircraft incidents, we have manually activated bells that the watchroom attendant initiates when he/she recieves an emergency call via the telephone system. This is backed up by the station PA system.

Offline cm738

Turnout Procedure
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 01:47:52 AM »
Yeh Sorry Fireguy1230,

This is related to the Airport Fire Service, we have a draught proposal in place and have questioned a few points!!

Offline TheCapt

Turnout Procedure
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 07:50:39 AM »
Hi cm

We adopt the same as Fireguy but for domestic / first-aid calls Cat permitting etc we respond with 1 x MFT and 1 x L4V
Better Out Than In !

Offline cam kenyon

• http://www.airportfireservice.co.nz
Turnout Procedure
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 11:04:32 PM »
In Christchurch New Zealand we have the same bells for Aircraft incidents as we do for any other call.. The difference we have is, for aircraft incidents we get it on the Tower EAS line to our watchroom, this opens up the PA lines throughout the Stn and we get the call, I would suspect most of you have something in common to this.. Then the watchman enters the data into the EAS computer and it goes out to all othe civi agencies Police/Fire/Ambo etc and the screens in our vehs.

other calls come in on emergency phone or PABX line, watchman enters data into EAS computer and then hits the alarm, crews go to there veh and respond once they have checked there screen for call details... If the screen is blank they are not needed.

So for domestic,medical calls its normally our RIV that goes, so entering a medical into the EAS it goes only to our RIV and Chief Veh...

hope this helps