Author Topic: 240V fire alarms  (Read 14939 times)

Offline smoke monkey

Re: 240V fire alarms
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009, 01:26:42 AM »
I would advise them that the system has NO fault monitoring at all and if the mains supply fails at any time then if there is a fire and someone smashed a callpoint glass it will not ativate the sounders / bells..at that puts peoples lives at risk and could result in a persons death.

...then remind them of there legal duty under health and safety 1974 of their responsibility of providing a safe enviroment for employees within the building and if someone were to die as a result of the system failing the could end up in prison ( corporate manslaughter ) along with a hefty fine.

Would they like to be responsibile for someones death....i doubt it.

Offline Thomas Brookes

Re: 240V fire alarms
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2009, 06:53:28 AM »
Tell them "you are not sure if what they are asking is ok or not, but you will get some fire alarm companies to come and quote for what they want doing ".

Then get some quality reconised companies in (may be half a dozen) and when everyone says what they want cannot be done you will have a much stronger case to take back to them. If at this point you are still getting no where phone your local Fire & Rescue Service (tell them you do not want to be named) when they come in and enforce the alarm changes you can say " it must have been one of the fire companies who spoke to the fire service.

I refuse to have a battle of wittts with an unarmed person.