FIRE SERVICE AND GENERAL FIRE SAFETY TOPICS > Fire Investigation

E cigarette

<< < (2/8) > >>

Mr. P:
Fire perspective - it is the charger being the main problem
Health perspective - why would I want to inhale crap that is no good for me anyway?

kurnal:
Fire Perspective No its the batteries. Internal shorts often due to contamination leading to an internal discharge that generates a lot of heat.

Health perspective  - why inhale crap that is no good for you when you can ingest it?

Mr. P:
K, thanks for putting me right re the fire side!

Dinnertime Dave:
Found out today that there are two types of cigarette and two types of charger. In one type the battery cuts out when fully charged, in the other the charger cuts out. The problem is the fitting are the same, this can lead to somebody charging a non cut off battery with a no cut off charger.

Does that make sense?

I have just seen a tweet that one brigade has had 3 incident in a month involving E-cigarettes.

David Rooney:
i don't believe batteries "cut off" when they're charged ... it's the charger itself that should be specifically designed for charging Lithium cells that should monitor and stop charging as appropriate.

Presumably there are some dodgy mass produced oriental chargers out there that don't quite cut the mustard ....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version