Author Topic: IPDS  (Read 21114 times)

Offline colin todd

• Civilianize enforcement -you know it makes sense.
    • http://www.cstodd.co.uk
IPDS
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2004, 07:04:54 PM »
I have an idea. Why dont those with degrees plus 11 plus spelling go straight to the position of chief officer. Then they cant do any harm on the fireground, they can write politically astute memos, without spelling errors, and look educated when facing the FBU. Problem solved. See, when in doubt, ask a consultant. Whom should I charge for this advice?
Colin Todd, C S Todd & Associates

IPDS
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2004, 12:57:58 AM »
Colin:

I think you will find that dont should read 'do not' or alternatively, be spelt don't.

With spelling like that, there is no chance of you ever becoming my C.O. (Thank God!!)

Messyshaw

Offline colin todd

• Civilianize enforcement -you know it makes sense.
    • http://www.cstodd.co.uk
IPDS
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2004, 05:33:41 PM »
Yo, Messey. its called open punctuation. Its modern, so it will get to London Fire Brigade in about 234 years. Regrettably, you will not be around then, but the new recruits will still be taught about you and your razor sharp wit. Your new CFO (thats what the geezer wot runs a fire brigade is called, not a CO, which is a gas produced during combustion when there is not enough oxygen for a stoichiometric reaction) comes from the Midlands, so I assume he does not chew gum while he speaks to you (when he comes to you for advice and such like) like most of your compatriots. This is a habit though to which you could introduce him, and on £120,000 a year (which must be approaching what you earn by moonlighting), he can probably afford a packet or two of the dreaded gum.

Best wishes and stay safe out there. Keep out of burning buildings-they are dangerous.
Colin Todd, C S Todd & Associates

IPDS
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2004, 12:13:12 PM »
so, how pi**ed off would ff's be if grads came in above them with more technical knowledge and got training in practical knowledge. Just because I have a degree doesn't make me a fire fighter, but I would need to be at a stn officer level to do what I want to do, but I don't want to join the FB. Also, unfortunately, the private sector offers a different route and better pay. What can you do?