Author Topic: USE OF INTERNET BULLETIN BOARDS BY CONSULTANTS  (Read 24265 times)

Offline Mike Buckley

Re: USE OF INTERNET BULLETIN BOARDS BY CONSULTANTS
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2009, 01:14:27 PM »
Yes it sounds like field day time for lawyers. I would agree that you may be liable for the advice you give even if you do not charge for it but I suspect it would be for direct advice. i.e. if you answered a question like would it be ok to extent the escape distance in a dead end situation to 1/2 mile and said it would be fine. That is one thing, however if someone took that advice and passed it on to someone else whilst claiming to be a competent person then the liability should fall on them.
The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to those who think they've found it.

Offline Steven N

« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2009, 07:39:43 PM »
Returning to the original point of this thread, I agree with Mr Todd. Asking for help every now & again is fine by me, we all come across something unusual from time to time. However wanting to know every thing to actually do your job is never a correct state of affairs.
These are my views and not the views of my employer

Offline Allen Higginson

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2009, 07:59:06 PM »
Where you get conflicting viewpoints that go against what you consider correct then surely it's better to get full clarification,even if you know for a fact that you are right?

Offline colin todd

• Civilianize enforcement -you know it makes sense.
    • http://www.cstodd.co.uk
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2009, 04:35:56 PM »
Buzzy, Germans and Swiss are never wrong, so just do as your masters say.  Incidentally, they say you should buy me Bushmills in Benedicts this week.

That Stevo seems like a sensible chap AND he called me Mr Todd. Nobody has called me Mr Todd, not even the office cleaners, since I was last stopped for speeding by the police.
Colin Todd, C S Todd & Associates