Author Topic: 'Stay Put Policy' Question.  (Read 20380 times)

Offline tmprojects

Re: 'Stay Put Policy' Question.
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2011, 10:06:00 PM »

Please Gentlemen can we remember this and ensure the good name of firenet is upheld.

Thank you Kurnal. And i too am sure CT's comment was just banter as you say. But, never-the-less, justified a response.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 10:10:52 PM by tmprojects »

Offline BLEVE

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2011, 10:52:19 PM »
Reckon the majority of DW Cockburns threads/replies are troll related. The guy is not interested in asking questions with a view to obtaining advice but in fact he is deluded in thinking he can stand on a par with a number of wise individuals in this forum. I would think locking the threads or restricting Trolls access would be for the common good. In saying that he is entertaining in a strange manner

Offline nearlythere

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2011, 09:02:30 AM »
Reckon the majority of DW Cockburns threads/replies are troll related. The guy is not interested in asking questions with a view to obtaining advice but in fact he is deluded in thinking he can stand on a par with a number of wise individuals in this forum. I would think locking the threads or restricting Trolls access would be for the common good. In saying that he is entertaining in a strange manner
Thats censorship Bleve.
He's baiting people and they are taking the hook, line and sinker.
If you don't want to get involved in the discussion don't rise.
We're not Brazil we're Northern Ireland.

Offline Davo

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2011, 09:17:43 AM »
Nearlythere

Censorship would have locked the thread after a few days, in these cases we have run with them for some time.
Prof is right, there is a danger of people being confused and we try to avoid that, don't we?

Enough is enough, last orders gents ;D

Graeme

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2011, 12:48:26 PM »
Thank you TMP for your timely reminder.

I have to say you are right though, looking not at Colins posting which is clearly intended as a lighthearted jibe, but at the events of recent weeks as a whole, the forum is in danger of becoming more like a school playground than a source of good advice for the public and for  discussion amongst peers.

Please Gentlemen can we remember this and ensure the good name of firenet is upheld.

I particularly thank Wiz for his patient attempt to get to the bottom of the postings on radial circuits, see his posting in the "Question for Mr Todd" thread. This will be the last time we try and understand if there is any substance behind the query before I lock the threads involved.  

you had better lock it then as you will never find any substance behind the mad theories being put to us all.

Offline AnthonyB

• Firenet Extinguisher Expert
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.firewizard.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2011, 12:06:28 AM »
As they are of no value they should be deleted rather than locked as they add little to the site and indeed puts people off.

It wouldn't be censorship as it isn't valid opinion but trolling
Anthony Buck
Owner & Fire Safety Consultant at Fire Wizard

Extinguisher/Fire History Enthusiast

Fire Extinguisher Facebook Group:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=65...415&ref=ts
http://www.youtube.com/user/contactacb
https://uk.linkedin.com/in/anthony-buck-36

Offline BLEVE

« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2011, 09:43:25 AM »
Separate section for trolls

Offline BLEVE

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2011, 09:03:51 PM »
Quantum of trollace   ;D

Offline colin todd

• Civilianize enforcement -you know it makes sense.
    • http://www.cstodd.co.uk
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2011, 05:20:05 AM »
TM, you are entirely right and I am wrong, for which I apologise unreservedly.  I should have known he is not a chief officer because he isnt smarmy to all the right people and clearly has no idea about politics.   On the other hand his grammar is too good for a London I/O and he doesnt call everybody guv.

So, let me think.....he rambles on incessantly about the same old load of rubbish, he thinks he is always right.......he never listens to reason and he doesnt know when to keep his mouth shut.....

hmmmmmm let me work on it...........
Colin Todd, C S Todd & Associates

Offline colin todd

• Civilianize enforcement -you know it makes sense.
    • http://www.cstodd.co.uk
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2011, 05:21:10 AM »
GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!  A representative of the FBU??????????????????

Is that better?

night night.

C
Colin Todd, C S Todd & Associates

Offline Clevelandfire 3

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2011, 01:22:40 AM »
Colin remember who your employers are. Quick to take light hearted jibes at the fire service, quicker still to report a member of the fire service whom makes light hearted jibes about you or your company. As for this thread I agree with i think it was what afterburner said, if you dont like the thread you dont have to comment, you can ignore trolls.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2011, 09:49:11 AM »

............I particularly thank Wiz for his patient attempt to get to the bottom of the postings on radial circuits, see his posting in the "Question for Mr Todd" thread. This will be the last time we try and understand if there is any substance behind the query before I lock the threads involved.  

There has been no answer to my question from Mr Cockburn, so do we bestow Troll status immediately?

The problem is that there is a tangible feeling of something important behind the questions, but we never get straightforward questions (or answers) from Mr C that will allow anyone to answer or opine sensibly.

There is a wealth and knowledge on this forum to allow Mr C to enter into some interesting debates, and so I ask him to finally come forward and for once explain exactly what things within the fire safety legislation/recommendations he has issue with and why (preferably also citing those specific existing recommendations and explain why he feels they wrong)?

If he can't, or is unwilling to do this, then surely we must be left with the assumption that he is just Trolling.

Graeme

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2011, 11:05:25 AM »
and.......

Offline Wiz

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2011, 06:05:12 PM »
Wiz,
You are using 'radial system sounders' on 'two zone systems'!

I use at least two radial circuits with fire alarm warning devices (which generally includes sounders) on many systems, including many systems with just one fire zone and some systems with up to dozens of fire zones. I am happy to do this based on the recommendations of BS5839-1 2002 + A2 2008. I would prefer a minimum of three such circuits; one with a single sounder adjacent to the fire alarm control and indicating panel and the other two with an approximately equal number of sounders around the remainder of the building and interleaved. I appreciate that my preference exceeds the recommendations of the BS.

Offline tmprojects

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2011, 08:37:48 PM »
TM, you are entirely right and I am wrong, for which I apologise unreservedly.  I should have known he is not a chief officer because he isnt smarmy to all the right people and clearly has no idea about politics.   On the other hand his grammar is too good for a London I/O and he doesnt call everybody guv.

cheers guv