Author Topic: Help  (Read 6402 times)

Offline Ashley Wood

• http://www.thermatech.uk.com
Help
« on: May 02, 2008, 08:20:45 AM »
My son who is 9 is fascinated by fire trucks and would like to go and see some airport crash tenders. Myself and my family are in Gatwick on Sunday 4th staying overnight before flying off on holiday on the 5th. Is there any members who serve at Gatwick that may be able to organise for me to take my son to see the fire station on Sunday?

Offline White_elephant

Help
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 03:42:52 PM »
Ashley, due to security restrictions it wont be able to happen fella, the fire station is 'airside' and therefore you need to hold a valid airport ID, you can get visitor ID's but I am 99.9% convinced they would not do it for you. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, I am at Heathrow and the situation is the same.

Midland Retty

Help
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 04:22:11 PM »
Quote from: Ashley Wood
My son who is 9 is fascinated by fire trucks and would like to go and see some airport crash tenders. Myself and my family are in Gatwick on Sunday 4th staying overnight before flying off on holiday on the 5th. Is there any members who serve at Gatwick that may be able to organise for me to take my son to see the fire station on Sunday?
Ive got a chum at Birmingham Airport and I asked if my nephew could visit the airport fire station.... Unfortunately despite me knowing one of the firefighters there the visit wasnt allowed.

Some of the smaller airports and aerodromes may be able to help yopu - im just trying to think if there is a small aerodrome in london though!!

Offline Chunty

Help
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 09:16:24 PM »
Get yourself over to North Weald and speak to Eddie. He's a former LFB east-end sub officer who together with a buddy have invested a lot of their own cash to provide NW airfield with one of the finest collections of RFFS appliances and kit found at a smaller aerodrome in the UK.

He's a really nice guy to boot, although it might be worth mentioning the incident with the foam branch at Teeside in 2005, but on the other hand you want him to do you a favour so maybe not!

Offline Ashley Wood

• http://www.thermatech.uk.com
Help
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 11:12:37 AM »
Thanks guys for your responces. I knew it would be a long shot. I will have to point out the fire station to him as we zoom up the runway..

Thanks once again.

Offline stuart f

Help
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 07:03:28 PM »
Chunty,
this Eddie guy, has he got white hair now, is he a Low Cat Supervisor at North Weald.

Offline stevfire2

Help
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 10:25:04 PM »
stuart f
          thats eddie, hes  a top bloke, as are steve and the guys! we are  looking forward to working with them again shortly at aero expo, wycombe air park.