Author Topic: Trainee FF London City Airport  (Read 4132 times)

Offline Pocad

Trainee FF London City Airport
« on: February 21, 2007, 04:10:43 PM »
Hello everyone,

I've applied to City Airport as a trainee FF and got through to the first assessment day (informal interview and psychometric tests). Does anyone on the site have any tips, tricks or advice that might give me an "edge"? I'm very mindful of the fact that I'm likely to be up aginst people who have already had FF experience and/or done a few assessments before so I'd like to know things like common pitfalls and likely interview questions just so I'm the best prepared I can possibly be.

Also, how would i go about trying to get in to meet the team, look at the kit and so on? Would the fact that the station is airside make it particularly difficult to arrange this? Would I be better off keeping my head down and not bothering people?

Any advice hugely appreciated.

P

Offline blazing_air

• http://www.kiafire.org.uk
Trainee FF London City Airport
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 07:44:16 PM »
Pocad
Not from City so wouldn't know exactly what format they follow, but from experience of running recruit training days, the best advice i can offer is to be yourself, keen is good, over keen is annoying.
If you are a strong contender, i suspect that you will be invited to meet the team.
Don't bullsh*t with your answers, the job of full of people that can and have been doin that a lot longer than you.
I would personally would be impressed if a candidate knew a little of my airport and the tasks that we do, so the more you can find out about that may be an advantage.
Just try and relax and be totally honest
There's an extract from CAP 168 Training on my website if you care to have a look.