Author Topic: SMART/Phased Alerting  (Read 5743 times)

Offline Andy Cole

SMART/Phased Alerting
« on: September 15, 2005, 10:04:35 PM »
Are there any brigades that currently using SMART alerting for thier retained personnel? (where they only alert the personnel required for the incident instead of the whole station?)
They are about to do it as a trial on some of our RT stations (only 2 pumps and/or specials at the moment I think)
I was wondering what other peoples views/experiences with this are and what sort of success rate it has had?

Andy

Offline dave bev

SMART/Phased Alerting
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 08:56:30 AM »
i think its called selective paging in some brigades!

dave bev

Offline johnno

SMART/Phased Alerting
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 04:36:10 PM »
They did it in Derbyshire but it was only for the canteen unit, other frontline specials ie Water/foam carrier and enviromental unit only staffed by 2 personnel were left alone, and the whole unit alerted when required. The personnel that staffed the canteen unit only did it on a voluntery basis, but it required you to carry 2 alerters around with you.

Offline Andy Cole

SMART/Phased Alerting
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 07:22:58 PM »
I think they are proposing that you log on and off avaliability by sending a message to control so they know who to alert and who not to.

Offline pugh

SMART/Phased Alerting
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2005, 12:21:11 PM »
They were doing it, or something very much like it, in Cheshire in the early 90's.  Don't know how well it was received or worked.

Offline Cut Fire Service Pay

SMART/Phased Alerting
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005, 03:31:57 PM »
Devon can do it, they call it phased alerting, Im not aware if they used it. They also have a different alerter tone for 'co-responding'. When they did the salary trial, all of the stations alerters were put down and not phased.