Author Topic: Suffolk Strike Over  (Read 14290 times)

Offline dave bev

Suffolk Strike Over
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2005, 12:47:02 PM »
fairy nuff!

in response to your response - we may disagree (in fact we do!) but we respect each others right to have a view!

so thats fair enough

dave bev

Offline Brian Downes

• 'he must always carry his appliances with him'
Suffolk Strike Over
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2005, 01:11:53 PM »
dave,
Ohh! 'Fairy-Snuff' in these parts ...probably a regional variation!!
Brian
Magna est veritas et praevalebit

Offline oilybum

Suffolk Strike Over
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2005, 04:57:06 PM »
I hope West mids FBU stick to their guns and get what they are after. Problem i have with the FBU is that i agree with their aims and rhetoric. What disappoints me is that they say one thing in public to rally the troops march them up and down the hill like the grand old duke of york then back pedal and end up with deals worse than previously on offer. All that after losing members money with hairy fairy strikes. If they are gonna strike then do it properly instead of in out in out shake it all about. If people want to take legal strike action in pursuit of aims they believe in then you have my full support.

Offline Brian Downes

Suffolk Strike Over
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2005, 10:32:46 AM »
Oily,
       Indeed, Fairy-Snuff infact.
During the recent National FBU (Mickey Mouse) industrial  Action,  the Brigade I work for issued mobile phones to picket leaders so that the emergency control room could phone them to turn out if there was a serious fire!!
I think only one JO on one station told them where to insert the phone!
Come on, if you going on strike go on strike..people may die...if you don't like it don't go out.
I did it once...couldn't do it again...but I am getting towards the end of my service.
Brian

Offline dave bev

Suffolk Strike Over
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2005, 02:52:41 PM »
brian, you really do have to be factual in what you say and understand some other issues instead of being the bringer of silly headlines.

the government were concerned that should there be a terrorist incident they wouldnt be able to deal with the incidents during strike periods (bearing in mind this was the run up to the illegal war and subsequent illegal occupation of iraq) this meant they were considering an injunction to prevent firefighters who were members of the fbu from going on strike even though a lawful ballot had been conducted. this led to a meeting at the odpm where an 'agreement' was reached that a response could be arranged for 'gold command' incidents which threatened the security of the nation. quite simply if no agreement then there would have been no strike - an injunction would have been made making the strike illegal - are you therefore suggesting that an illegal strike would have been the correct path to follow. or allowing the national security to become compromised was an option? i also think your comments 'people may die' absolutely disgraceful. flippant comments about people losing their lives have no place in the fire service i work for!

so it wasnt 'a serious fire' as you like to suggest thereby again further promoting your lies and malicious gossip - you seem to want to bait me and others into responding to the sh1t that you purport is the truth. and yes it is working hence my response. even though we may have different views i tried to give you the benfit of the doubt and tried to see your perspective but in making statements as flippantly as you have done as regards people losing their lives has demonstrated you are just intent on trying to cause trouble.

dave bev

Offline Brian Downes

Suffolk Strike Over
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2005, 05:36:52 PM »
Dave,
         Ok..Ok...I only chipped in on this line for a bit of light relief,  and yes you are right a bit of light hearted FBU baiting...
 I fully accept the comments you make in relation to terrorist incidents, mobile phones and the national picture during the FBU strikes. You are quite right, I was not recalling the national issues.
My remark in relation to people dying was not meant to be flipant.
When the fire service go on strike people may die who would not die if we are working normally.
 I went on strike for a number of weeks in 1977-78 and vowed I would not do it again for that very reason, amongst others; so please, spare me your comments and outraged censure on that matter.
 If you strike you have to deal with the consequences if you are a human being who thinks for themself.
Yes, I do sometimes express opinions that are designed to be deliberately provocative.
I do challenge what some would say is the 'FBU' line, a line I suspect you probably support with sincerity.
I hope my provocative, sometimes illinformed, and often nonsensical comments can probe for items of truth, I do not make them as you seem to think, maliciously.
I can see that I have caused you great upset,  to the point where you almost use bad language in your post; and for that I do sincerely appologise.
To cause you or anyone that much offence in this informal and ethereal arena was not my intention.
I propose to let this thread drop.
Regards
Brian