Author Topic: ISU's & HVP's  (Read 4451 times)

Offline b217bravo

ISU's & HVP's
« on: December 01, 2005, 05:19:41 PM »
Spotted an ISU driving thro' town yesterday & realised that I have not seen a spec for either the ISU or the HVP.
I know that the ISU carries inflatable decontamination units but what else? is the equipment palletised hence the need for the fork lift, how are they manned? who orders them on & when? how many are there & how are they allocated?
With HVP's, how is high volume defined? is this achieved by a single large capacity pump or several smaller pumps? what size & quantity of hose do they carry? what other equipment do they carry, presumably all related to shifting large quantities of water over long distances? is it palletised? etc, etc,
A big question I know but I would welcome any information or being pointed in the right direction.
kind regards,
geoff

Offline Groendraak

ISU's & HVP's
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 05:56:46 PM »
The only link I could find that might be useful was for ISUs:

http://www.lancsfire.gov.uk/IRMP/Reports/y1p3.pdf

on page 45 there's a list of suggested changes to equipment, which is as close as I could find to a specification. The manning and use of ISUs discussed are specific to that Brigade but might be useful as a hint to how they're managed nationally.

Offline b217bravo

ISU's & HVP's
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 06:54:06 PM »
Oops, sorry. I should have written about Incident Response Units supplied under the new Dimension Scheme.
Sorry about that,
Geoff

Offline dave bev

ISU's & HVP's
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 07:18:53 PM »
theres an article in a recent firefighter issue (fbu 'magazine') which might help, i would also suggest tracking down the odpm newsletters - there have been a couple of reports in there if i remember correctly - hope this helps geoff, sorry but ive not been that involved, so cant offer any definitive info

dave bev