Author Topic: How things have changed  (Read 5823 times)

Offline shaggy

How things have changed
« on: December 12, 2005, 10:09:23 PM »
Far from using this page as a political sounding board,i would like to say one thing.It was'nt so long ago that Prescott and co was calling the fire service.."millitant..etc for striking over pay..and that the strikers should be sacked..then we had the London bombings... the fire service performed heroic acts...now we have Buncefield Oil depot and once again...the lads have done what they do best...fight fires,witnessed by Prescott.Lets hope the next round of pay talks...he remembers this.And on a funnier note..he also says the smoke is non toxic...someone stick him in the cloud without a BA .

And to the lads fighting the fires from various brigades...good luck...lets hope the bloody hard work your doing doesnt go un-noticed

Mutchy
RAFC Cranwell Fire service

Offline mikebo

How things have changed
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 10:47:40 PM »
well said lets hope they are all stayin safe out there

Offline Mr. P

How things have changed
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 08:19:29 AM »
And, was that 22% MP's were after themselves?

Offline wee brian

• Administrator
How things have changed
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 09:46:18 AM »
Don't hold your breaths boys. Politicians always give it the "emergency services are doing a great job" line. They get a few "hear hears" then its all forgotten.

They are disbanding some scottish army regiments as they get home from Iraq (having come back with less ment than they went with).

I expect the Chief of Herts will get a knighthood though (assuming he doesn't screw up)

Offline ian gough

How things have changed
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 10:55:54 PM »
I agree wee b....but he'll need to keep Paxman away from him! Also, is it true about the Deputy Pm's "hydrocardigans"?

messy

How things have changed
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 03:28:03 PM »
Quote from: ian gough
is it true about the Deputy Pm's "hydrocardigans"?
Is that the same as a wet jumper??