Author Topic: What Dog?  (Read 9725 times)

Offline jerry

What Dog?
« on: June 16, 2004, 04:41:41 PM »
My name is jerry and have been involved in training protection dogs and really want to know what breed is prefered.

Latter this year I am breeding malinios and was wondering if anybody uses this breed in the Uk.

What im after is later this year or early next year is for someone to work one of my pups in this field as co-ownership, small admit fee applicable.

If it works then great if not then return the dog.

My new web page will be live in August/September, www.Inchoatuskennel.co.uk at present you will find my protection dog training and security site which will be terminated.

I thank you in advance for any help.

jerry

Offline jerry

What Dog?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2004, 08:09:19 PM »
this is good ive had 80 reads and not one bit of advice...cheers guys

What Dog?
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2004, 09:04:18 AM »
Try miniature poodles.

What Dog?
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2004, 08:32:25 PM »
What feedback are you looking for ?

The UK Fire Service use two types of classification of dogs, SAR Dogs & Fire Investigation.

Offline fireftrm

What Dog?
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2004, 09:02:39 AM »
Jerry

I think the problem is, as partly identified by the guest above, that the UK Fire service use detection dogs and not protection!

As with the Police detection dogs labrador/retrievers are most common with some Spaniels.

Perhaps you would  have more success in a security message board?

Loads of reads and no responses is purely due to passing your message to the wrong recipients, be assured we are not being rude.
My posts reflect my personal views and beliefs and not those of my employer. If I offend anyone it is usually unintentional, please be kind. If it is intentional I guess it will be clear!

What Dog?
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2004, 09:13:27 AM »
What sort of protection dog are we referring to?

If it can supply and fit 20 smoke detectos a day it could surely be classed as such, thereby freeing up valuable time for operational crews to enagage in risk critical training activities. :lol:  :lol:

What Dog?
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2004, 10:14:10 AM »
For protection I recommend German shepherds- they are vicous dogs which can show frightening agression when called for but more importantly they can be controlled and are obedient even when at their most agressive and pumped full of doggy adrenaline!!!.

Rotweilers and dobermans are used by the many authroities in different countries however they tend to be difficult to train, their intellgience levels are lower that that of other breeds and they can loose control very easily, trying to calm them down and get them to heel is very hard. They wont stop until they have atleast taken a sizeable chunk out of the agressors arm!.

In terms of detection (search and rescue operations and fire investigation) the good old labrador is excellent as are golden retrievers, spaniels and funnily enough sheep dogs (border collies) They are all intelligent dogs although spaniels are very 'energetic' shall we say and can be a bit of a hand full bless them!.

For protection of the blind (ie guide dogs) Use labradors or retrievers.

The ultimate search and recue dog of course is the famous St Bernard with that indeering picture of him strolling up a snowy mountain with a cask of gin around his neck.

St Bernards or Barnyards as I call them due to their size are only really any use in cold mountainous conditions.Trying to transport a st bernard around in anything smaller than a van would be very intresting. It would also take up most of your living room or would probably need three kennels all to itself at your HQ!!!! They also slobber, launch spittle over 100yards when they sneeze and when they break wind the windows rattle.

What Dog?
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2004, 03:26:54 PM »
No I disagree

when a St bernard breaks wind the windows go through!

And the smell afterwards phewwweeee !

What Dog?
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2004, 02:42:31 PM »
I wouldn't know to be honest  :lol:

Offline firedogboy

What Dog?
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2005, 11:39:22 PM »
jerry if you are still looking to do th let me now. I work Fire investiagtion dogs in S/Wales

Offline Mr. P

What Dog?
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2005, 09:43:54 AM »
St Bernies? No match for Boxer dogs. Clear a stadium in o.o1 secs!