Author Topic: Change in Rota.  (Read 4499 times)

Offline stuart f

Change in Rota.
« on: September 05, 2007, 09:57:32 AM »
Can you help me,
Recently our Airport issued a letter to all the staff stating 'as of Monday and Tuesday the 3rd of September the airport will be closed for the foreseeable future'. Is there anything out there in law, that they must give notice to 'us' the employees, or can they just act on the letter, without a care for 'us' who after change our life-styles for these people again at the drop of a hat. We are not in a union would this help our case. The Airport is not run by the council but is privately run does have an effect too. We don't want to go over our managers head and phone the director, but he thinks he can do what he wants, so can anyone help and give me some bullets to fire back.

Offline Big T

Change in Rota.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 10:44:56 AM »
I dont understand. Are they shutting the airport just on a monday and tuesday or is the whole airport closing down and they ar laying you all off?

If its just a monday and tuesday close down then it totally depends what it says in your terms and conditions about notice to change hours

If your pay wont change and your location of work won't change (just the days you work) then they close down on a monday and tuesday if they want to and I don't think there is a lot you can do about it.

If the airpoprt is closing and you are being made redundant then you have other rights.

Offline stuart f

Change in Rota.
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 01:45:32 PM »
Thanks Big T,
Up until the 3rd of September the Airport was unlicenced on Monday and Tuesday and whoever was rostered in carryied out maintenance duties, we could also take landing fees and selling fuel, which ment money was being taken, because of these changes residents can't get fuel from us til Wednesday, and now due to these changes we are being forced to work Wednesday to Sunday to make our 40 hours contract each week, our current roster of 3 days on 2 days off will go. Because of this we don't have a full weekend off, which means our quality of life has gone 'happy days' but yet in 1 months time he could say 'go back to shifts'. From a business view the Airport should be opened 7 days then he will see the difference. Anyway thanks for your input, I think I'll check with C.A.B.