Author Topic: fitness and selection  (Read 4138 times)

Offline markbsac

fitness and selection
« on: March 18, 2008, 11:48:40 AM »
can anybody give me some advice as to the level of fitness to become an airport firefighter.........and at the medical is colour blindness an issue.

many thanks

mark

Midland Retty

fitness and selection
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 12:12:42 PM »
Colour blindness may be an issue Mark... some of the local authority brigades are looking at relaxing the standards a tad, but Im not sure about the airport brigades.

Before going any further it would be a good idea to phone up the airport you are going for. You don't have to tell them your name, and if they ask make one up!

Atleast you would know one way or the other before going through all the hassle of filling application forms out and sitting tests.

Standards of fitness for the larger category  Airport Brigades are much more stringent than Local Authority these days. You have to do pull ups, press ups, sit ups, bleep test (not sure what level) other members should be able to ellaborate more on this for you

Offline markbsac

fitness and selection
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 12:19:52 PM »
many thanks my colour blindness barred me from getting in the leicestershire brigade when i left the navy but that was 22 years ago........i think im prob two old now at 45 anyway.but it may be worth a try i know a guy who got in who was 42.