Author Topic: Anaerobic Digester plant  (Read 2748 times)

Offline The Colonel

Anaerobic Digester plant
« on: November 20, 2014, 01:59:00 PM »
Has anyone had any experience in carrying out a fire risk assessment at an Anaerobic Digester Plant. Its the sort of plant that turns organic waste such as food stuff, silage, animal waste etc into gas for use within the national gas grid and other locations.

Offline kurnal

• http://www.peakland-fire-safety.co.uk
Re: Anaerobic Digester plant
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 04:48:42 PM »
Yes. The explosive risk should be taken care of by the DSEAR assessment, this should be carried out before the FRA so you can have regard to its findings, eg zoned areas. The rest of it can then be treated as a normal premises though I always pay specific attention to lightning protection, provide for site wide and off site scenarios and fire service intervention.

Offline The Colonel

Re: Anaerobic Digester plant
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 11:30:27 PM »
Kurnal, sorry for the delay in getting back to you, had a new grandson on Friday and work took a back seat. Thanks for the info, i did mention to the client about getting a DSEAR assessment completed which she did not know about but also indicated that as I had never even been near one that I did not feel confident to complete a fire risk assessment on something I knew nothing about.

If you would like her details let me know and I will pass on her number. Site is in south Powys
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 11:38:11 PM by The Colonel »