Author Topic: Is there a way of finding when a fire service, would be recruiting.  (Read 3999 times)

Offline wannabeff24

I am waiting for hereford and worcester to recruit.  Is there anything i shoudl be doing while i am waiting? And is there anyway of finding out when they would be recruiting.  Any help is good thanks.

Offline Andy Cole

Is there a way of finding when a fire service, would be recruiting.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 04:24:00 PM »
Keep checking on the recruitment pages of www.fireservice.co.uk they are pretty good, give Hereford and Worcester a ring and someone may give you some idea! Why not try further afield? again fireservice.co.uk is a good source of where to try!!

Offline wannabeff24

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 04:57:06 PM »
Thank you for the info,  I was going to go for West Midlands, but i need help with my daughter so i need to be around the worcestershire area to be close to my family.  But thank you anyway

Offline The Colonel

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 05:52:19 PM »
keep an eye on thier web site and the local papers such as Worcester News or Hereford Times, when I was with them they used to place one ad in the local papers and now thier web site. Put them on your favotites.

Offline fireftrm

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 09:39:22 AM »
If you are looking at Worcester then you really do need to consider the help you need with your daughter. The Firefighter's role means working shifts, which will mean being away form home overnight, at least two out of eight, and you would be posted wherever the FRS needed you. Worcester is not a separate FRS and is presently part of Hereford and Worcester. You could be posted at any of the wholetime stations in their area - and perhaps further afield soon, if the merger with Warwickshire goes ahead. If that happens then the furthest you could be form Worcester is further than with West Midlands. To get into the FRS is difficult enough without having a restriction on where you could join, you really need to look into the position regarding your daughter, so that you can examine where you can work and how.
My posts reflect my personal views and beliefs and not those of my employer. If I offend anyone it is usually unintentional, please be kind. If it is intentional I guess it will be clear!