Author Topic: Steep steps  (Read 2155 times)

Offline lyledunn

Steep steps
« on: December 26, 2021, 11:05:21 AM »
We have extended an existing restaurant on the ground floor of a 3-storey building (single apartment above). In doing so travel distance was also extended which required a second exit. This second exit leads to a rear garden which is very steep. We provided 60 steps with five landings and a place to park a wheel chair at intermittent points. The top of the garden gives access to a road.
The restaurant caters for around 60 persons. There are three regular customers who are in wheelchairs, one of which uses one of those large motorised types.
Staff comprise one very overweight chef and three or four young ladies. Whilst we can get disabled occupants into a small yard immediately outside the new exit, total reliance would need to be placed on FRS for the lift up the garden. I have ensured no other openings other than the exit door itself.
Is it a reasonable strategy to rely on FRS in a case like this?

Offline Wils

Re: Steep steps
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022, 09:24:45 PM »
Nope

Offline lyledunn

Re: Steep steps
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2022, 08:34:31 AM »
Thanks Wis. I already knew the answer. I was just posting to help keep things going on this forum which was once an amazing mechanism for professional discussion.