Author Topic: Smoke machine setting off smoke detector heads  (Read 10695 times)

Graeme

Re: Smoke machine setting off smoke detector heads
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2012, 07:04:44 PM »
an interface that prevents the premises intruder alarm from being set until the fire alarm device disablement is re-enabled.

i like that idea Wiz. never thought of that one.

Offline westerner

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 11:09:36 PM »
Have a look at the ASA detector from Cerberus PRO. I know a company in Glasgow has fitted them in a very busy night club in Edinburgh and they have worked really well without false alarms. importantly they have not been switched to a heat detector or have time delays or other tricks of the trade applied - they are genuinely smoke detectors but very clever!

Offline Firescot

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2012, 09:59:48 PM »
I find most clubs are fitting only heat detectors throughout their premises to overcome this problem. What are your thoughts on this?

Offline westerner

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2012, 10:52:30 PM »
I know of a company in Scotland that is installing the Cerberus PRO ASA detector as a solution in night clubs where previous systems were false alarming from "smoke machines", apparently it doesn't need a manual switch or intervention or a timer just needs to be set to the correct environment. It has eliminated false alarms overnight.

They have got a really useful application manager to help you choose the correct detector and setting - works pretty well

http://www.industry.siemens.co.uk/buildingtechnologies/uk/en/fire-safety-products/fire-detectors/Pages/fire-detectors.aspx