Author Topic: R102 call out  (Read 2463 times)

Offline Psuedonym

R102 call out
« on: March 12, 2012, 10:59:26 AM »
I had to attend a call out recently to repair a manual pull station on an Ansul R102. The bizzare reality I found was that the staff had not called us in for the actual repair (swinging exit door smashing into the pull station) but to move the manual pull to allow their maintenance access to the smashed tile beneath it. Nobody on site had had the brainwave of fixing a stop on the deck to avoid such problems - too much like common sense I suppose.
I was almost speechless when told this tile had been deemed a health risk and they had therefore lost points on their latest internal inspection. Regardless to the fact this pull had been literally hanging by two/three threads and was about to cost them a days takings plus our R102 recharge costs and additional gas/ sparky costs.
Funny old world......
Ansul R102 Kitchen Suppression Enthusiast

Created using refurbished electrons to ensure I do my bit to save the planet...Polar bear cubs saved so far:2.75. Reduced due to effects of Carbon Footprint on the carpet. It's a bugger to shift...

Offline Mar62

Re: R102 call out
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 11:59:54 AM »
Found similar recently during a FRA. One small tap on the pull and the whole lot would have discharged all over todays menu! Daft eh..............
Each and every day is a learning curve and today is one of those days?

Offline The Reiver

Re: R102 call out
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 05:04:16 PM »

We got these. It's never a problem   ;D
Kettle on anytime you're passing.   :P
(OO\SKYLINE/OO)