Author Topic: Fire Risk Assessment Software  (Read 3110 times)

Offline db67

Fire Risk Assessment Software
« on: November 13, 2013, 09:18:14 AM »
Like many, I have used the conventional Microsoft Office products for our own Fire Risk Assessment for many years, however with the increasing use of iPads/Tablets and ICloud services I wondered if anyone had any opinions on their suitability for our industry.

I was recently introduced to a provider who supplied Tablets, web based interface for consultants and clients.  It was impressive but I felt the upfront and ongoing costs were excessive.  It provides a good interface that has been well thought through and with an interface for clients to use and update, there are lots of positive aspects to it.

Clearly from a business perspective the cost is a factor, so before deciding whether to investigate further I would be interested to hear others opinions on this subject.  I haven't mentioned the company name as I don't know if its against forum rules.  If we can discuss company names I can post it on a reply.

Thanks in advance.

Offline William 29

• http://www.tfsltd.net
Re: Fire Risk Assessment Software
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 01:40:30 PM »
As far as I know there is only really one company running a fire app for the I pad (based in the South if we are talking the same one?) In my view it is slick but a bit basic and only suitable for small, simple premises such as purpose built flats 1-3 floors, where the FRA can be completed on site using the I pad and saved and even sent to the client from site. This obviously cuts down on the fees you can quote for such premises and increases the number of FRAs completed in a day if the work is for a multi-site client such as a large housing provider.

Any FRA that is complex you will need to make notes, photos etc and then type up the FRA later. Also there is the issue that since we have BAFE SP205-1 and FRACS would the simple I Pad FRA format be accepted under these 3rd party schemes?

Offline Tom Sutton

All my responses only apply to England and Wales and they are an overview of the subject, hopefully it will point you in the right direction and always treat with caution.