Author Topic: BAA - Successful in Post ?  (Read 12025 times)

Offline Tractorman9

BAA - Successful in Post ?
« on: November 08, 2006, 12:05:12 PM »
BAA ran a recruitment campaign earlier this year (2006) with a multi stage process starting with web applications then written tests, followed by group exercises and finally fitness tests all in or around Gatwick. If you got through those 4 phases you then had an interview at any one of the 7 airports.

Are there any readers who wenet through this process and are now successful in post ???..... and also anyone who attended and did not get through ?  

Would be intertested in your views and stories.

Basically anything on vacancies and applications really at any airports in the UK - BAA or otherwise.

Best Regards

Offline Fireguy1230

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 10:09:37 PM »
Hi Tractorman

I'm a current serving BAA firefighter and as far i am aware each airport does its own recruitment. ie; if you sat your exams and group exercise at Gatwick Airport, you wouldn't be invited to interview at Glasgow Airport.

Each airport is its own entity and each fire service runs its own recruitment., so if you sat exams etc at Gatwick, you would only be interviewed at Gatwick for a position at Gatwick.

Its been four years since i went through the process but i've been told it hasn't changed.

Offline james

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 10:58:42 PM »
HI there i applied for the same post only i chose heathrow. i passed the interview and medical where i am now after no correspondace from BAA still waiting a placement. All i do know is that after traveling up and down 5 times i still do not have a clue as to where my application is at. (cant wait to do it all again next year. yipee)

Offline lee cuthbertson

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 10:51:36 AM »
Guys,  any info on the physical stage would be greatly appreciated. I have been through LA fitness tests i.e BLEEP TESTS, HOSE RUNNING, LADDER CLIMB, DEAD LIFTS AND CLAUSTROPHOBIA TESTS. is it the same?  cheers

Offline careym

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 01:57:09 PM »
Ive just found this post after searching the internet for other peple who applied for BAA at Gatwick.

I applied back in Jan 06 as well and passed the interview in June 06.

Ive heard nothing since regarding a vacancy. I have emailed them twice but still no movement.

Offline lee cuthbertson

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 11:14:50 AM »
Careym,
                during our process, they have said they are looking get people into the training august time. dont know if this was what you were told last year but they may have been putting it off until one big draft this autumn.  may help. good luck anyway

Offline careym

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 01:42:46 PM »
Thanks for the info.

They didnt mention to us about expected time of starting training.

Would love to start in August or ASAP, but wont hold my breath.

Offline lee cuthbertson

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 03:05:23 PM »
careym just out of interest  what was involved in your physical stage.

Offline careym

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 04:53:54 PM »
We did bleep test, shoulder press, dead lift, grip test and lat pull down in a gym.

Offline lee cuthbertson

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2007, 05:29:10 PM »
careym,
            picking your brains again,  

what was involved in your final interview. questions etc. knowledge of airport fire fighting??  etc etc. again any info greatly appreciated. oh and have you heard anything as yet ref your start.
cheers

Offline graham31

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2007, 09:12:39 PM »
Quote from: lee cuthbertson
careym,

what was involved in your final interview. questions etc. knowledge of airport fire fighting??  etc etc. again any info greatly appreciated. oh and have you heard anything as yet ref your start.
cheers
Hi Lee well done on getting through i have to,best of luck

Offline careym

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2007, 04:04:56 PM »
Quote from: lee cuthbertson
careym,

cheers
The ıntervıew was competency based questıons. They dıdnt ask me any questıons about the job or the role. Search on the ınternet for the competency ıntervıew questıons and that should help. I stıll haev not heard of a start date yet. I'll keep on waıtıng though