Author Topic: Arff  (Read 5547 times)

Offline sarzoverton

Arff
« on: January 27, 2007, 11:09:21 AM »
I am an English teacher, teaching in France. I have a new contract at Rennes airport teaching ARFF vocab in English. I need possible situations that a Pilot would radio through, and the possible questions the ARFF team would ask. Some medical situations that could arise would also help. I can't really finf any info on the possible situations other then undercarriage, no breaks, engine probs but no idea of the type of questions and responses that the Frenchman ARFF would receive. Thanks

Offline Ryan

Arff
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 06:09:45 PM »
Smoke in the cockpit is common, Undercarriage not locking down, Engine Failure, Fuel Leak, Oil Leak, Systems Failure, Someone could trip and break their leg etc

Offline sarzoverton

Arff
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 12:53:16 PM »
Thankyou for responding

Offline Yeebsy

Arff
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 09:50:04 PM »
We get a few medical emergencies (mostly heart attacks), one where you speak to the captain a lot is over heating breaks, on landing the captain will contact us via the emergency channel, we will ask about his temperatures and what his intentions are, if the temps are marginal 9 times out of 10 he/she will elect to taxi to stand, we will then ask him to monitor our frequency on his second box (radio) and contact ground on his first for taxi instructions, while under taxi we will send a small compliment to follow him to stand where quite a few of the captains will ask every so often how they are looking and also if his wheel go up we can then let him know.

We also had an engine fire on a 737 who aborted take off, the captain was straight on our frequency asking if he should carry out an emergency evac, we informed him via the radio to keep the pax on board as he would suffer 5% casualties if he sent them down the shoots.

Hope this give you some help.
Isn't it funny, how if you sit in a library and scream, everyone looks at you and tuts...but do the same thing on an aircraft and everyone joins in!