Author Topic: Baa Recruitment 2nd Stage  (Read 11919 times)

Offline graham31

Baa Recruitment 2nd Stage
« on: May 21, 2007, 10:58:47 PM »
Hi,i have been selected for the 2nd stage of recruitment it's a 40minute discussion with 6-8 other candidate on a topic of the examiners choice on the day.

My question is has anyone got an idea what their looking for in this discussion/exercise?

I have my own thoughts like bein able to to interact with others,listening to others and excepting their point of views,putting your own thoughts and points accross in a logical manner without bein force full and lastly not to take over the discussion.

Would i be right and if not has anyone else got more advice on this?

Thanks

Offline lee cuthbertson

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 11:17:38 AM »
Hi,
       i also have made it to this stage at glasgow.  ill post anything i hear straight away

cheers

Offline JAK568

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 06:30:48 PM »
I have attended the 2nd stage of the BAA recruitment process today, there is nothing you can prepare yourself for, it consists of a 40 min group excercise, I think all they are looking for is what you have said above Graham.  Hope this is not too late with this info.

Offline graham31

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 08:59:10 PM »
Was there on Thurs morning Jak 1st group in.Nothing much you can do like you say.Fingers crossed both of us have done enough eh.

Who knows?

Offline JAK568

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 10:21:42 AM »
aye best of luck mate

Offline lee cuthbertson

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 08:58:44 AM »
guys, any info on the physical stage. been selected for glasgow.

cheers

Offline graham31

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 08:54:57 PM »
Quote from: lee cuthbertson
guys, any info on the physical stage. been selected for glasgow.

cheers
Hi Lee i only know what it says on the info you get in the application form about the physical.Personally i think it's going to be a serious of weight related exercises either starting with the beep test or finishing.

They may do a hose run but i can't see it nor do i think they'll do a ladder run.

Just need to see on the day and be prepared for anything

Offline Fireguy1230

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 07:21:02 PM »
Hi all

The physical only consists of the exercises that are detailed in your application pack. There are no hose runs or ladder climbs at any point in the recruitment process.

With regards to how the test will be structured, it will depend on numbers really. If there are a lot of candidates, you will be split into various groups and will all start at different testing stations and then simply rotate around the rest.

The tests are - Bleep Test to level 9.6
                       Deadlift
                       Shoulder Press
                       Lat Pull Down
                       Grip Strength (35kg in both hands)

Easy!!!

Offline graham31

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 09:38:56 PM »
Hi fireguy it say the shoulder press is 1*28kg is that both hands os split between the two?
                                     Thanks

Offline Fireguy1230

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 11:09:05 PM »
Hi

It takes place on a shoulder press machine (as you find in almost every gym), its one repetition of 28kg. So basically you grasp the bar at shoulder level with both hands, lift it to full extension and then lower it in a controlled manner back to the start again.

Offline graham31

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2007, 09:26:20 AM »
Quote from: Fireguy1230
Hi

It takes place on a shoulder press machine (as you find in almost every gym), its one repetition of 28kg. So basically you grasp the bar at shoulder level with both hands, lift it to full extension and then lower it in a controlled manner back to the start again.
Hi,
Thanks for the reply fireguy,i thought it might have been free weights thats why i asked the question each hand.