Author Topic: Estimate  (Read 9689 times)

Offline Allen Higginson

Re: Estimate
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2011, 12:21:43 PM »
OK fire alarm people...

Can you picture this:

50m long arcade
Occupiers either side
1 Control panel for one end
1 Repeater panel for the other end
Probably just 2 sounders, 1 at each end
No detection required, no call points required
24 interface units to allow 24 occupiers to connect their alarm into the main control panel
No need to go into hidden spaces to hide cables etc

What would you estimate as a reasonable price?

Civvy, I do this sort of estimating every day and I would put a ball-park figure on your project of £6-8K supplied, installed, programmed and commissioned. The estimate is on the basis that all occupier's existing fire alarm panels can be interfaced to using a standard input/output interface, and the site location was within about 25 miles of operating base.
Even for us I reckon that's about spot on - looks like you could get 2 arcades done for the price your client has been given.

Offline CivvyFSO

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2011, 02:25:27 PM »
It isn't my client. It is someone who we (FA) are potentially enforcing the matter on.

The difference in price would go a very long way (If not all the way) into helping the owners/landlords connect in to the main system.

Offline Allen Higginson

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2011, 07:19:07 PM »
It isn't my client. It is someone who we (FA) are potentially enforcing the matter on.

The difference in price would go a very long way (If not all the way) into helping the owners/landlords connect in to the main system.
Sorry,I use client out of habit.
What's the "main system" issue??

Offline CivvyFSO

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2011, 04:41:26 PM »
The main system is the one that has been quoted for, then there are a number of occupiers in the units that face onto the arcade, and they all need their own system incorporating detection so that a fire in one shop notifies the entire arcade.